Does the AI ever build Explore units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AI ever build Explore units?

I have never seen the AI build a unit with the Explore role, no matter how good I make the units. It can use the units, though.

Has anyone managed to make the AI build exploring units?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

I have maybe seen one built? I am not sure though.

I have given them to the AI in the editor and you are right they can use them and they use them quite well. Maybe for a civ to build them they need the build often Explore flag checked (it there such a thing, I am to lazy to check).
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I've seen the AI build plenty of Explorers and Scouts. I wonder, if you gave an exploring unit combat values, would the AI use them to attack, or would you have to give the unit both Offense and Explore AI functions?
      No comment.

Comment

You would need to give the unit both offense and explore flags to have the AI use them as a combat unit. However I believe that the AI would use a explore explorer to attack in certain circumstances. The AI seems to see two seperate units while we see one. We call it Modern Armor but they may call it Defensive Modern Armor.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I just want the AI to use the units for exploration.
          The difference between industrial society and information society:
          In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
          In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Working...
          X