please rename this unit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please rename this unit....

i'm going to direct my stupider questions here so i don't clog up strategy/general.

what does it mean when they say please rename this elite unit? this happened after i got a leader. is this new elite unit special in any way? can he still become a leader since he's classified as "elite" or is this it for him?
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Elite units that generate leaders can't generate any more leaders until they upgrade - renaming thses units is just a handy way of remembering which elite units have generated units.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

this units stay with an * before its names too, so its more easy to know that this unit have generated a leader.
      Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

thanks!
        drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Hi there Bella I called one of my elite calvary units ChrisiusMaximus.
          I seem to recall someone asking for a feature like this a couple of patches ago but cant remember who.
          Seems that Firaxis must listen sometimes.
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
            Seems that Firaxis must listen sometimes.
            They do. Only sometimes.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

CSPA

Comment

You should probably rename units when given the option to do so. Someone wrote about having a problem getting new Great Leaders when not renaming units. The theory was that a unit with a name of unit that generated a GL could not generate any, so if you just left the victorious elite's name as Warrior, no more warriors could produce GLs. Maybe that's completely wrong, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
                "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I think its rather neat that we can re-name elites that generated GL's. It also shows a realistic and historic value because we all know of great warriors. We dont call Julius ceaser a leader of rome because he was so importan most people recognize his name.

Comment

Working...
                  X