Game crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I was playing the game when it suddenly sent me packing to my desktop. It occurs, only some of the time, when I get to the modern era, and I click on the next tech to discover. I think it may just be a corrupt .bic file, as it only does it on that one or any other .bic file based on it.

1. What are your system specs?
    2. Were you playing a scenario?
    3. Have you modded your game?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I think it may just be a corrupt .bic file, as it only does it on that one or any other .bic file based on it.
      Assuming the .bic is a mod and not the standard .bic there is no need for it to be a corrupted file. When you call a file corrupt that means it was messed up by the bits getting scrambled. Its much more likely with a modded .bic that there is a design bug. A unit or maybe a city improvement has something wrong it or a missing file.

On the other hand it could be a corrupted file. That happens with the FAT 32 and FAT 16 files systems a lot more than with NTFS.

You should tell people explicity if its a modded game and it might help if you said what mod it was. Also mention what patch you are using. You could be using an older .bic with a new patch or the reverse.

Comment

Possibly related: I downloaded the new MS WinXP service pack 092102. Thereafter, Civ3 frequently boots me back to desktop. I reinstalled Civ3, including 1.29 patch, with no other mods, etc., but it continues. No discernible pattern. Sometimes it will happen when I move a unit, sometimes when I hit a function key, sometimes when it is the AI's turn. I have a feeling it is a "graphic update" problem. Also, now I occassionally get an "invalid save" error. Any suggestions, or should I just unistall the service pack? Thanks.

Update/FYI: updated video driver, A-OK
        Last edited by candybo; October 19, 2002, 13:55.

Comment

Working...
        X