Civilization3.INI Setting - GridOn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization3.INI Setting - GridOn

What does the GridOn setting do? I usually leave the Grid on while playing, but I have not been able to get the game to start in that mode.

I thought the GridOn setting would probably do this, my current setting is "GridOn=1".

I thought the same and it didn't work for me either. I always have to set the grid on manually, no matter what the setting in the ini file says....

Comment

shortcut: controll-G
      not that much work is it?
      btw: how many of you turn them on/off.
      I need them, if I turn them off, I make way to many mistakes
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That's the point, alva.
        I want to have it turned on when I start or load a game, but the setting in the ini file doesn't seem to work.

Comment

I can't figure out what Grid0n is supposed to do. I tried it set to 0 and 1 didn't effect anything that I could see. I tried it as Gridon as well, notice that its a ZERO in the original version. No change.

Comment

It's just telling the game what the grid was set for the last time you played. So if you had the grid on, by pressing Ctrl-G, when you start the program again, it will default to having it on again. If you had it turned off, then it will be off when you start the program again. It's nothing to worry about, it's just an automatic function to keep track of your preference.

Comment

Only it doesn't do that.

It doesn't matter how its set the grid ALWAYS starts turned off.

Comment

Yes, the grid is always off when starting or loading a game. It has to be turned on. Why, it does not work as intended!

Comment

Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Usually when I want it on, it is off and when I want it off it is on. At least it doesn't nag.

Comment

Working...
                  X