What is it about?
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

its in the readme file

Comment

Please post the readme separately so we can read it before downloading the mod. Thanks.
        No comment.

Comment

copy of MoM readme:

This scenario is to all intents a small mod that addresses small niggles i have with the civIII game

It makes the following changes:

1. makes mountains and jungles more of an obstacle

2. adds a mountain troops unit

3. makes air units able to sink ships

My reasoning for making these changes:

1 Mountains and jungles are historically very inpenetrable, acting as barriers to most military units, and channeling attacks through gaps. In Civ III mountains and jungle terrain are way too useful to the attacker, giving a good defensive bonus in exchange for the minor movement hinderence.

Ideally i would like units entering mountain / jungle terrain to suffer random damage, but since i cannot do this within Civ III, i have made mountain / jungle terrain impassable to most units. The exceptions are workers and the new mountain-troops unit.

This should make units in Civ III behave more realistically.

3. In the real world ships are a lot more vunerable to air attack than land units. This is because ship units consist of a small quantity of high value units and are liable to be killed by a few good hits. Land units on the other hand consist of a large number of low value units that are hard to wipe out using air power only.

Installing: Copy the mountains of madness into the CivIII scenario directory

Playing: Launch CivIII and choose the load scenario, then pick all your fave options such as difficulty level and world size

Any comments to chris.spray@ntlworld.com

Comment

copy of MoM readme:

This scenario is to all intents a small mod that addresses small niggles i have with the civIII game

It makes the following changes:

1. makes mountains and jungles more of an obstacle

2. adds a mountain troops unit

3. makes air units able to sink ships

My reasoning for making these changes:

1 Mountains and jungles are historically very inpenetrable, acting as barriers to most military units, and channeling attacks through gaps. In Civ III mountains and jungle terrain are way too useful to the attacker, giving a good defensive bonus in exchange for the minor movement hinderence.

Ideally i would like units entering mountain / jungle terrain to suffer random damage, but since i cannot do this within Civ III, i have made mountain / jungle terrain impassable to most units. The exceptions are workers and the new mountain-troops unit.

This should make units in Civ III behave more realistically.

3. In the real world ships are a lot more vunerable to air attack than land units. This is because ship units consist of a small quantity of high value units and are liable to be killed by a few good hits. Land units on the other hand consist of a large number of low value units that are hard to wipe out using air power only.

Installing: Copy the mountains of madness into the CivIII scenario directory

Playing: Launch CivIII and choose the load scenario, then pick all your fave options such as difficulty level and world size

Any comments to chris.spray@ntlworld.com

Comment

where it move to?

Comment

Working...
              X