1.29 Editor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.29 Editor Question

Well, I'm happy that you can set historical positions finally. But my question is on adding a unit or building ctc. Even though the editor in several screens allows you to add something new, for example, adding the unit "ship of the line", if I use an existing icon and fill in the info; what other files do I need to edit?

thanks,
    Flash
    Flash
    Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
    the Moderator of the World Creators

You need to create a folder under the Civilization\Art\Units\ folder, copy into it the files of a unit that looks similar, find the .INI file (for example, if you make a new swordsman unit, go into the swordsman folder, copy all the files, and rename the 'Swordsman.ini' file to 'newunitname.ini'). That should be all.

Comment

thanks

thanks Trip,
      does that hold true for gov't, buildings and techs also?
      I guess I was confused when the editor let you add new items but I couldn't find updates in any of the files.

Flash.
      Flash

Comment

You don't have to copy the files. the ini can be made using paths as ..\Oldunitname\OldFilename as it will save HD space.

For buildings you have to add a row in buildings_large.pcx and buildings_small.pcx in the 'Art\City Screen' directory. The height of the files can be extended.

For a technology you should add the icons to pediaicons.txt

Govts: Nothing
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          You don't have to copy the files. the ini can be made using paths as ..\Oldunitname\OldFilename as it will save HD space.
          You can do that too, but it can get a bit confusing for them unless they're already familiar with how to simply copy-rename.

Comment

Hey,
            Has anyone figured out how to add a new tech? does it matter what coordinates you choose? What other files do I alter? Does it mess anything up if I stick it between techs that used to connect?

Flash
            Flash

Comment

The coordinates is for the Science advisor. To make it fit in right you should go in to the game at at the era you want to add the screenshot and take a snapshot of the screen.

Then you can go and see what coordinates you want to place it on.

You have to edit the art to chyange the way the arrows go, so that means that you have to shift betwenn files when using your mod or the original game. (PTW will support mods with changed files, but Civ3 doesn't, so you have to move files by yourself) I don't remember the path now... but can look it up after my lunch
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
              X