Help, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, please!

I´m getting so annoyed on this "tundra-desert-stampede", can´t anything be done about this? Why should states like France, Germany be interested in founding a city in the middle of nowhere before the colonial era?
    Wouldn´t it be easier to make it impossible to found new cities on tundra, deserts etc before, let´s say electricity is invented?

Colonies - why bother?! After a short while someone is founding a city right next to you and soon after your colony is gone.
    Shouldn´t ones colonies be regarded as soverign soil and a part of my nation?

Thanks in advance if someone could solve this problem.

Patrick

In the editor you can make it so citys can not be built on tundra/desert, but you can not make it so you can with a tech.
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

In the editor provided with the game you can alter the civ3mod.bic file (the rules of the game file) to your liking. MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THAT FILE BEFORE ALTERING!!! Unless you like to cause yourself headaches...

Anyhow, load Civ3Edit, File>Open>find where the file is on your computer>Open, once it's loaded select Rules>Edit Rules...>click the Terrain tab, scroll the terrain type until you see tundra (or desert, which is the first terrain type seen). You have the options of allowing/disallowing cities and colonies in different terrain types, as well as other options. Once you're done, click close then File>Save As...>then give the modified .bic file a name (I rename my unaltered civ3mod.bic file to ORIGciv3mod.bic) and save.

Hope this helps ya'!
      DRoseDARs
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yes, yeees, yeeeeeees! Thanks a million, you just made this game a´whole lot more interesting (as it should be).

But what about colonies, why do the get "eaten" by a city founded later? With all do respect they should be considered a part of your land - if only one tile large - shouldn´t it? Anyway to modify this?

Thnx,
        Patrick

Comment

Colonies get "eaten" when a civ's (not necessarily your's) cultural boundary overlaps the tile the colony in question rests upon. I'm not certain about the reason that the existing colony then disappears, but I do know that when any resource lies within your borders, a simple road is all that's needed to access that resource...the colony just becomes redundant.

As far as modding that fact, don't quote me on this, I believe it's hardcoded and unchangable (until PTW?) at this time.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
          X