MOD: The Balancer 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hardware sub-section addition.

Elucidus has wisely decided to approve a hardware section for the web site. For now it is called Hardware Questions & Answers. Access to the Hardware section can be found at the future CDG Main Front page here: http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/

This section is being Sponsored by NeoTech Solutions. This company is local to Las Vegas & dedicated to building custom gaming computers. They do service calls for for on site repairs and/or upgrades. The company is owned an operated by Shawn Webster. He has about 7 years experience in the industry. He will post relevant messages regarding the latest hardware to enhance your gaming pleasure. He will answer questions as well, that you may have regarding tweaks, best cards to buy, building your own PC, or whatever you need.
    He will post special deals he is offering for gaming upgrades or complete systems too. Not that it will be a place peppered with ads for his business. He is only posting current specials just in case someone is interested in saving some cash. Could be something used or special item hard to find. The main point of this new section is to help you when any problem arise when playing a game or whatever questions you may have. Enjoy.
    Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
    Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

Thoughts

I'm really enjoying the new and improved Balancer, and I just thought I'd share a few thoughts.

- The naval changes you made are great. I love having super-early sail units. Helps a lot on Island maps. Also, changed stats are good too.

- Guerilla unit should have more power. It really isn't much more than a rifleman, and there isn't much reason to upgrade. Maybe someone else has a strategy for it? Also, it is a long wait to get Commandos. Maybe a basic footsoldier near Marines and Paratroopers w/ reduced cost?, minus the Naval, paradrop stuff of course.

- City State Gov't seems to have very little use as well. With the massive corruption it creates, not much gets done. Again, if someody has ideas about usefulness... speak up.

More critiques later...

Thanks for the good work!
      -- Cuff Dunk

Comment

Glad you enjoy it, but you can check out information on the newer version here...

Or if you would like to get on the beta team for 3.1 which adds to the usefulness of those governments as well as a host of other things sign up here...
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

I thought the Balancer would be included in PTW.

Comment

Well, so did I. In the 11th hour, Firaxis came out and said that all the work we put into the mods was naught. They said we could make a graphics-free version and put it on the disc, but since the disc was in for reproduction the best they could do was a patch. We had 72 hours to get in to Firaxis for the Patch. Well, we turned it in in less than 48 hours and then we were told it wouldn't make the patch either and that if we were lucky it would go on the remaster they are making in a few weeks. Lucky? If that is lucky, what is unlucky, getting struck by lightning 7 times? Geez. Sorry this is still a sore subject with me.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Any news?

I love this mod, so good to fill in the holes with new units and buildings. One thing I'm missing is something between catapult and cannon, like maybe a trebuchet.

Comment

Have you checked out the site?

We are hosting a bunch of forums on their, and you can get the latest version of the Balancer both the PTW version and the regular version.

As far as the Balancer on PTW...I am told it will be released on the next installment of the CD, the remaster. Which is due out in a few weeks. You still need the graphics for it though.

Comment

I have installed the Balancer but dont know how to start it. Is the Mod only for Civ3:PtW or also for a Civ3-only installation?

The balancer.bix is not found if i start a scenario i see only the standard xxx.bic files.

I want a Civ3 Mod ...

Regards

Lp

Comment

Well there are two version out. One for Civ3 and one for PTW. If you want the Civ3 version, the latest is installed in the scenario folder, or at least the bic is. Did you get the latest verison of the balancer from our forums? That is where we upload the most current releases. Let me know if you have any suggestions or anything.

Also between Catapult and Cannon we had installed a ballista, but never found any unit graphics for it so it was removed a few versions ago. If you know of any a link would be greatly appreciated.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

Thx for the fast answer, i loaded the file from this thread in your forum:

so i downloaded this file:

In this zip was the mod with the balancer.bix

regards

Lp

Comment

Yeah balancer.bix is the PTW version

You can download the civ3 version here I am sorry the link wasn't put in the downloads section. It was in the testers only section. Sadly I thought I released it to the public. Give this a shot and let me know what you think.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

thank you very much, now i can play it

The first 3000 years BC i see that there are very much ressources more than in the normal game.

And you can say what you want, the "canabis" resource is in the game not only used for paper production i think.

One negative aspect is that there are sometimes no descriptions for new Units in the ciliopedia, so for the Caregie Steel Trust, the Monolith and the Mecha-Units (are you a BattleTech/MechWarrior Fan?)

But in the end i have much fun with your mod, great job!

regards

Lp

Comment

Thank you, and while I am a mechwarrior fan at the time we were making this, there weren't a lot of modern/future units available and we needed to flesh out the modern age a bit. I am glad you enjoy it, feel free to post any feedback, it is all welcome.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

I am glad you enjoy it, feel free to post any feedback, it is all welcome.
                              Yeah, i will do so !

BTW: I have add your website to the linklist of my BattleTech/MechWarrior Fansite

regards

Lp

Comment

Actually we are probably going to be starting up a MW and Mech Commander forum. Although those aren't the P&P games. I don't know if oyu'd be interested in that, butg it sounds like you might.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X