Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elucidus
    JDD,

I hope we live up to your expectations. Let me know if there is something you think could use improvement.

And thanks Gramphos.
    well i love how it is just one download, as opposed to the 6 of comparable mods. it would be cool if you added the terrain sets that ive seen around the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
      It would be cool if you added the terrain sets that ive seen around the forums.
      Well we are planning to include some of the grahical mods on the website, but unless there is a large number of requests for it to become a part of the mod, they will be separate downloads.

Originally posted by jdd2007
      well i love how it is just one download, as opposed to the 6 of comparable mods.
      That was one reason I got myself a website . Yes, it does cost me a little bit of money, but I can deliver a complete package to the customer and it is much easier for them to handle. A much better way to do business, I feel and worth the money it costs to maintain.

I hope you enjoy it and look for updates to come shortly. Also we are working on a PTW version, which is capable of a lot more.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus

Well we are planning to include some of the grahical mods on the website, but unless there is a large number of requests for it to become a part of the mod, they will be separate downloads.

That was one reason I got myself a website . Yes, it does cost me a little bit of money, but I can deliver a complete package to the customer and it is much easier for them to handle. A much better way to do business, I feel and worth the money it costs to maintain.

I hope you enjoy it and look for updates to come shortly. Also we are working on a PTW version, which is capable of a lot more.
        PtW Version? cool, how would it be different? i dont think the editor will have many changes, if any.

Comment

I can't really say what is different, but I can say that the editor is greatly improved and allows quite a bit more to be changed. We are working with firaxis and a beta version of PTW to develop the mod. It will be on the PTW CD-Rom.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

I finally played your mod, enjoed playing it up to the point where I tried to build a Dreadnought. The game crashed on me when it couldn't find the appropriate artwork for the unit.

Comment

Hmm, I think I may have spelled it wrong in the reference to it. Try going into art/units/

and renaming dreadnaught folder and dreadnaught.ini to dreadnought and dreadnought.ini or vice versa. Sorry about the problems, I will post a fix soon on the web-page. Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions other than the unit needing to be fixed, that is?
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

The problem was not the spelling; all of the art files and such ended up in one folder. All the Dreadnaught(your spelling may be correct) folder had in it was the .ini file the other folder had files labeled battleship and battlewagon. I checked the INI files and tried to put the appropriate file in the propoer folder. There were other files with the Windows Media player Icon(on my compter) labeled as IowaAtc... what do I do with those. As of this posting I have not tried to play the game to see if that fixed the problem or not. As for suggestions I have none at this time.

Comment

well the pediaicons file told the game to look for dreadnaight, but the directory was named dreadnought. This has been fixed, download the fix here. Let me know if you have any further problems.

Also i hope you didn't move any of those files you mentioned. If so try and put them back where they came from. Good luck and have fun.

Rob
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

Tech bug

I just built the Great Library and got all the special traits! Now I have Religious, Military, Commerical, Expansionistic, Industrious and Scientific buildings availible.

I assume this is not intended.

Ghengis Thom

Comment

you are correct, it is a problem we saw come up once in testing. Firaxis reassured us it will not happen in the ptw version. But I didn't think there would be any harm in letting it go. I guess I will either have to remove the traits or remove the great library. Hmmm....
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

Since the entire world is at war with little old me I decided to play on *grin*.

Comment

I do have a solution for this problem, it will be in the next version out, hopefully this friday.
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

-Samurai is 4/3/2; down from 4/4/2
                            Huh? The Japanese UU has exactly the same stats as the European Knight!

-Horse Archer (New Knight replacement for those non-European Civs)
                            And while it is clear that a Knight needs Iron, it is not so clear why a Horse Archer should need Iron?

Comment

Atahualpa: In orginal Civ3 settings the Samurai have 4 in defence. But the Change to 3 isnt done as stated.

Elucidus: Nice mod btw.

Change info about hospital to 15 size instead of 12 in civeliopedia. You said Immortal and Man-At-Arms are upgradable but the are not.

Comment

Man-at-Arms Upgrades to the Geurilla. Have you got the techs for that one yet?

Also I will look into the stats on the UUs, I may have missed one here or there. Thanks for pointing it out.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X