No announcement yet.

How to make a map that isn't a planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a map that isn't a planet?

I am new to map making so I thought I would run this by you pros. I want to make a map of a certain region of the planet but I cannot seem to make the map so that a player cannot sail off the right side of the map and end up on the left side. If someone could clue me in I would be appreciative.

Currently the only way to make a flat map is to place a line of mountain tiles along one edge to keep ships from sailing around the edges. Hopefully they'll add a Flat Map option to the editor when PTW comes out.
    No comment.

Comment

I was afraid you would say that. I have seen that done but it would ruin any realism of my map to put mountains everywhere. Thanks

Comment

What would you map that isn@t a planet (a big ball of rock in space), a moon (small rock of rock . . .) or an asteriod (even smaller, etc)? A star (huge ball of gas), a black hole?

Tell me I have no imagination.
        Diderot was right!
        Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
        Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Supposedly Gramphos multitool could do something to make a "flat map", but I've heard that it is buggy. THere is always the possibility that PTW will allow it.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Prosperpine I wanted to make a map of Mexico and create a semi-historical scenario of the European invasion of that land. I was going to put the Aztecs where Mexico City is now (Teotijuacan's original location) and let them fend off the europeans. Anyway I couldn't very well have the europeans travelling around the world in one turn to arrive at the Pacific side of Mexico now could I?

Comment

Enlightenment dawns

Originally posted by Bangedup
              Prosperpine I wanted to make a map of Mexico and create a semi-historical scenario of the European invasion of that land. I was going to put the Aztecs where Mexico City is now (Teotijuacan's original location) and let them fend off the europeans. Anyway I couldn't very well have the europeans travelling around the world in one turn to arrive at the Pacific side of Mexico now could I?
              Yes, I see what you mean.

Basically what you want is to restrict movement on the longitudinal axis . . . in the same way as it is not possible to move from N "Pole" to S "Pole" (latitudinally).

I have no idea how it could be done, but it sounds possible . . .
              Diderot was right!
              Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
              Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

The best workaround is a 1-tile line of mountains down the side, possibly with a 1-tile strip of sea each side of that if there isn't already.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X