No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

i was wondering if there a way to improve one's reputation (like eiffel tower in civ2) ?
    and is reputation has a lot of impact when negociating for
    trade and techs ?
    E pericoloso sporgersi

The only way to improve your diplomatic regard is to be ...well...diplomatic. In other words, no quick-Wonder fixes and you have to earn it
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

It is a pity you can't actually see your status as in civII.
      Well at least sort of

It's much more a guessing game now.
      not wanting gpt deals etc......
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

yeah they should fix this in PTW, I miss it when in SMAC i see that my rep is wicked

Comment

A quite simple way to improve one's reputation is to trade. Even if you do not really want to trade, try trading territory map. For example, after the Ancient Era, every time I meet a 'non polite' AI I conclude a trade and buy its territory map for 5 or 10 if nothing more interesting.
          But the best way to improve one's reputation still seems to conclude a military alliance.
          Nym
          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

trading your map lets the AI know where all your units are. It's one of the true AI 'cheats'. Technically, they already know, but they don't act on it until they have your map.
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
              trading your map lets the AI know where all your units are. It's one of the true AI 'cheats'. Technically, they already know, but they don't act on it until they have your map.
              In fact I avoid to trade my territory map (and world map of course) and do not accept such an agreement when I can. But I often buy AI's maps just to trade something.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

I trade my maps fairly frequently. Its even keeps the cost down. Sometimes it can produce a lot of money if I am the only one that has been mapping the ocean.

I don't trade them when I have cut them off from land they won't otherwise be trying to plant settlers in. I don't trade them if I am the only one with knowledge of another continent untill shorty before they are going to discover it on their own or at least when I think should do so soon.

The rest of the time there is little to be gained by not trading and at least some goodwill to be gained by doing so.

Comment

It's pretty silly that the only reputation you can't see is your own.

"Ghandi is a well-known liar and cheat. Deal with him carefully."
                  - my diplomatic advisor
                  "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                  "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Working...
                  X