help on improvements- custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on improvements- custom

i need transparency for my ten custom buildings and add them to the bottom of a buildings_large and buildings small

all orginal buildings kept on this scenario...

here is zip
    Attached Files
    -whatever...

here is a reduced sized pic
    Attached Files
    -whatever...

Comment

You don't need to save transparancy, you just need to be able to edit the palette.

What I did: opened in Panit Shop Pro
      Reduced colors to 256
      Opend another building PCX and saved palette
      Loaded palette in your file
      Saved.

I can't resize verry good so I did not make the other files.
      Attached Files
      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
      3D Unit tutorial
      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

thanks
        does the city screen buildings files need to be transparent?
        additional_buildings goes in city view
        -whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Level
          You don't need to save transparancy, you just need to be able to edit the palette.

What I did: opened in Panit Shop Pro
          Reduced colors to 256
          Opend another building PCX and saved palette
          Loaded palette in your file
          Saved.

I can't resize verry good so I did not make the other files.
          i can't really afford psp at $100 from jasc and the trial period was used up long ago previous version...
          20/20 doesn't seem to let me edit palette

gotta save for it i guess
          and ptw too...
          -whatever...

Comment

I used version 4 to do these.
            To edit the palette it needs to be in 256 color mode.

You do not need transparancy on any thing in Civ3 all you need is some colors in the right spots, for these you need the back ground color to be the last color and you can't use the last three colors for the drawing.
            3D Unit tutorial

Comment

I used version 4 to do these.
              To edit the palette it needs to be in 256 color mode.

You do not need transparancy on any thing in Civ3 all you need is some colors in the right spots, for these you need the back ground color to be the last color and you can't use the last three colors for the drawing.
              is that 255 or 0?
              -whatever...

Comment

please check a similar thread for a corrected version of your buildings that I did myself, perhaps it's better, perhaps not, but I basically did the same thing as Level did. thank you

Comment

In Panit Shop Pro the last color is 255 on the bottom right.
                  3D Unit tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Adc
                    please check a similar thread for a corrected version of your buildings that I did myself, perhaps it's better, perhaps not, but I basically did the same thing as Level did. thank you
                    yeah i got that but i need to know how to append 10 blank spots under buildings-large and buildings-small in city screen directory so i can paste just the resized ten in ... i tried it myself and not doing so well...
                    i'll post significant changes [civilopedia,pediacon - already shown my resources, and units an now buildings] later this week [for ideas]...

on resources i may drop salt to add tin [make it harder].
                    also palm is a goner if i find better resource... need rerason, icon for resource.pcx/shadow, large, small

may more units not sure... want more primitive units
                    so far test junk and tongkang work ... had to fix tongkand civopedia icons [toally bugging out].
                    testing partisans[nva] and charlie today and airship.

also hunting for a few good units but no "transformers".

OT: in an electtronics class many years ago aninstructor asked what the two main types of transformers were [air core and iron core], but the kid who answered said "autobot and decepticon" teacher just rolled his eyes...
                    -whatever...

Comment

In Panit Shop Pro the last color is 255 on the bottom right.
                      probably in 20/20 too, but i can't afford psp by jasc and if install trial it says already used time up...

shouls i save for ptw[$39.99] or to buy psp [$99].... hmm that's a hard one and i'm not good drawing with mouse [can barely cut and paste with any accuracy]... would need one of those wacom graphics tablets at another $99... well maybe pasp/wacom for xmas...

if some one could just get me a file that was right size and had all original buildings followed by ten blank lines, i could get rest and could make changes as needed.

currently needthe appended file...
                      -whatever...

Comment

At civfanatic there is a Virtech by Kinboat (Kind of like a jet transformer).

You can get an earlier version of PSP and still be able to use it.
                        3D Unit tutorial

Comment

You can get an earlier version of PSP and still be able to use it.
                          it always seems to know there's a more advanced version on pc... i had reformatted till i got behind pulling stuff off c:/D: onto cds .. need more cdrws gotta buy some... i dl all kinds of stuff, game files music, videos, pdf files, etc

i admit that i'm a dl junkie...

20/20 will not let me load/save palettes or alter a palette...

i know psp will but i really need to get it... maybe nov...
                          -whatever...

Comment

Working...
                          X