No announcement yet.

I need a new civ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they would only have one city (the capitol) on the European continent, the rest of the civ would be in what is now Malaya, Indonesia and New Guinea.
    +Surinam and Netherlands Antilles.
    CSPA

Comment

have you thought about letting the british have Australia and Canada (Commonwealth)? At least Canada would prevent the Americans from settling all of North America. I guess Australia would be extremely corrupt though, unless you place a Forbidden Palace there
      CSPA

Comment

Ok I see what you mean, but I don't agree. The Union of South Africa existed, racist or not, it's part of history.
        You're right what I meant to say was: It has the potential to be as offensive to some as making Canada part of the US or New Zealand part of Australia would be to others. Also please understand, I have seen people get banned from a discussion thread I created - I would prefer not to repeat this "anomaly."

+Surinam and Netherlands Antilles
        Sorry, but I only see a hopelessly weak civ that cannot defend itself (globally) and has nothing for another civ (Human or AI) to negotiate for or with; perhaps if I expanded it to be a Benelux "and" Scandinavian civ, but I really don't think that would work, conceptually or historically.

Comment

have you thought about letting the british have Australia and Canada (Commonwealth)? At least Canada would prevent the Americans from settling all of North America. I guess Australia would be extremely corrupt though, unless you place a Forbidden Palace there
          I considered it; however, it would make the "Commonwealth" an almost undefeatable civ (due mostly to game mechanics) that would not make for a good scenario - what would be the point of playing?

Also, being as it is a scenario I should mention that the first incarnation would be with the human playing the Americans, who in 1930 were haplessly oblivious to the goings on in the rest of the world - hence the need for isolation.

I will be adding the Australians; I am going to try to have it done by the weekend. Unfortunately the file size is quite large. about 45 minutes on a good dial-up connection. (Could it be because of the 7 units, Stalin, Hitler, Churchill, Mussolini (by ccm01,) Eisenhower, Vargas and possibly Nasser leaderheads (by sween32,) and Harlan's resources in addition to the bic and possibly a sav file? )

Comment

I think you should add Canada and Australia to the British, but make it some small cities, and the corruption will do the rest. the cities will be almost useless, but they will take up space, and Britain could turn into a superpower if you develope thouse cities, which is historical.

Comment

You could make a group (or several groups) of neutrals, ala Civ 2 WWII scenario. This could countries from around different parts of the world, or in the same area of the world.

Comment

Thanks to you all for the advice and support, I'm going to call it "finished for now." As soon as it (the game) builds the scenario I will make the save file, package it up and send it on it's way to the server. I will be starting a new thread for it in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                X