What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

I am working on a scenario (256X198, 14 civs, my own world map, starting date 1930,) and I have put over 100 hours into it. So I decided to run a test to see if what I had completed would work and not crash so I loaded the scenario into the game. Only the civ at the top of the list in the editor is playable by the human player but I had intended for most of the civs to be playable. Does anyone know how to make it possible to play all of the available civs? The scenario loads and plays just fine other than this.

Only one player can be the 'Human Player'- go to the Scenario tab and click on Player Properties. There's a scroll down list for each player in the scenario at the top of the box (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.). There's a little box with a check mark in it to tell you which player is the 'human' player - this can be switched as needed using the editor.

You can assign specific civs to specific player numbers if you want. However, this means that the human player can only play as the civ that is assigned to human player number (defaults as Player 1).

If you want the human player to be able to play any civ, then set the Civilization scroll menu to 'Any' - this will allow the human player to select any Civ that isn't assigned to another computer player in the start up screen when they play your scenario.

The problem with this is that you can't assign more than four starting technologies to any civ using this method, nor can you assign different starting goverments or different starting gold amounts - hopefully this will be fixed when PTW comes out.

Hope this helps.
    No comment.

Comment

You also can not set starting units for a civ, athough you can set it for player or set them on the map.
      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
      3D Unit tutorial
      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

While you are limited to the explicit techs that can be given a Civ, you can assign a player a start Era. You get all the techs from previous Eras.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
        X