No announcement yet.

CIV: Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who made those leaderheads? Those are the best user-created leaderheads I have ever seen! They are virtually Firaxis quality!
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow thank you all I'm pleased
      Piernik

Comment

Thanks again and kudos, Piernik. I have been playing with the mod all the weekend, leading those hussars to victory - they are virtually unstoppable in the middle ages. I kicked some serious German and Russian butt

Btw, I love the leaderheads the way they are, but what would you think about a version 2.0 with industrial Casimir dressed in a cavalry uniform (mundur u³añski) or so Pilsudski-style one? (He already has similar mustache) This could work well with Poles being militaristic
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

It's not so bad idea, but now I'm doing something else! I'm doing leaderheads for Alexander the Great scenario for PtW. more informations are on Creative Design Group forums - www.cdgroup.org
          Piernik

Comment

Piernik, leaderheads stopped showing for some reason
            - Frank Herbert

Comment

I've got them
              Piernik

Comment

Now they are fine
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Piernik
                  Religious because Poles were always connected with catholic church.
                  Militaristic - well we weren't independent all time, so we had to fight for our freedom.
                  That's in brief
                  Hm.... I agree with religious, but shouldn't you get traits out of your golden age and not your oppressed age. I know the Baltics and Poland were the most important grain producing in Europe at the end of the Middle Ages. Maybe you could do something with that. (That is to say: with the current possibilities only Industruous comes into possibility, which is in fact not a representation of grain produce.)

Comment

Patch for C3C v1.22 is ready!

first of all i would like to thank you all for more than 16000 (yes, sixteen thousands) downloads of this mod in both static and full version.

now you can play as the Poles again. this time in C3C.
                    the patch, which can be retrieved here, contains a fully C3C v1.22 compatible BIQ file with an updated Civilopedia.

CHANGES:
                    -attributes are now Religious and Agricultural
                    -added 14 scientific leaders
                    -Poland replaces Bizantines*

these three changes were made as a results of votings that were made among polish-speaking users of civ.org.pl's forums.

* - there's a hard-coded limit of 31 civs in C3C and that's why we had to remove already existing one...

DOWNLOAD:
                    right here you can download the patch as well as the main mod.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
                    here you'll find a short description of the mod.

enjoy!

(CG)Mendax
                    Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

Hmm. Casimir III (the Great) was called the Great because he was a nation builder and great negotiator, not some aggresive conqueror. I like him for that.
                      Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Mendax:
                        I have had Poland in my Rising Sun mod for a long time, just as agricultural and religious. However, you may note that the natural civ to replace is not the Byzantines who are unique in having the Scientific and Seafaring attributes. Instead, it should be the Celts who have the attributes that you have given to Poland.
                        I like the new leaderheads, though. In my mod I used the extra (Charles V) leaderhead that comes with C3C but is not used for any of the default civs, and made the Ulan the Polish UU ('Hussar' animation). The mod contains a lot of stuff, so I had to limit the download size.
                        Scenario / Mod: The Rising Sun - Conquests
                        Graphics: Conquests buildings

Comment

PresidentMarcos: yes, i like Casimir for that, too. AFAIK, he was the only Polish ruler, who's been callef "Great".

pawel: as i wrote i didn't choose which civ to be replaced; when we were voting about it, nobody suggested Celts.
                          we decded that two civs are almost the same one (Ottomans and Bizantines) so we chosed Bizantines...

oh, and i'll try out your mod soon.

(CG)Mendax
                          Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

Well, in the game actually the Ottomans are most similar to the Persians , but in my case I also needed the Byzantines for the three scenarios that come with the mod. Unfortunately, the scenarios don't include Poland, though. However, the fact that the mods are a little different is a good thing - otherwise they would just be the same! After looking at the civ.org.pl site, I tried to upoad it there, but failed.

I look forward to hearing your comments on the Rising Sun mod!
                            Scenario / Mod: The Rising Sun - Conquests
                            Graphics: Conquests buildings

Comment

Working...
                            X