Need help with a new concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a new concept

In the general forum I replied to the thread called "making civ possible to lose from a seemingly impossible position is a must". The gist of it is that there needs to be the possibility of a late game catastrophe to endanger your empire. I liked the idea of a possible late game sudden alien invasion. How would I implement this? How could I mkae this a random event? Could I make them a sort of barbarian, and could they take citites? Thanks for any feedback.
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Should it be something you can do with the editor?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
      Should it be something you can do with the editor?
      Does the editor have the ability to do "events"?
      Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

No, but we can hope for PTW to have some kind of event scripts.

Comment

And about wormwood liquor - sure it is bitter!

I think it is a Swedish specialty so I am not sure whether you can find it outside Scandinavia.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
            And about wormwood liquor - sure it is bitter!

I think it is a Swedish specialty so I am not sure whether you can find it outside Scandinavia.
            I think it is also called absinthe. It's addictive/toxic and hence outlawed in many places.

A famous picture by Degas is called the Absinthe Drinker.
            Attached Files

Comment

The process of making absinthe is a bit more complicated. I thought of "bäsk" wich is like vodka but brown and tasting like ear wax.

Comment

Yum!

Comment

Working...
                X