resolution again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resolution again

anyone got solution for playing civ 3 on a 14 inches monitor ?

Have you tried to update your drivers? The monitor size is irrelavant, all you need is a device that will support a 1024 X 768 resolution. Go to the web site of the company that made your unit, and see if they have some new drivers for it. If not you need to buy a new, more up-to-date display. Anything that won't handle that particular resolution is obsolete, and should be replaced.

Comment

thanks willem, it 's a good advise, and i will follow it, but i have post the same message in the general forum and there is some other solution with a program developped for playing by 800x600 resolution.
      Whatever i will do what you advise.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan83
        thanks willem, it 's a good advise, and i will follow it, but i have post the same message in the general forum and there is some other solution with a program developped for playing by 800x600 resolution.
        Whatever i will do what you advise.
        Try adding

KeepRes=1

To the Civilization3.Ini file.

If you have your desktop set to 800x600 it might work. I seem to recall that some have managed to play the game that way on laptops but its really a bad solution. The game is designed in all ways for 1024X768. A fourteen inch monitor is really small these days except for a laptop and the the new laptops often have 1280x1024.

Comment

Working...
        X