More interesting Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More interesting Terrain

First off, I haven't posted in months, but browse sometimes, and I thought of something:

In a way to improve graphics, why not use resourses? I was just looking at Sn00py's new mod, and it occured something like deep sea trenchs could be depicted as resources. Or volcanoes. Or suburbs/villages. Or little lakes, big mountains, in other words this is how you get extra terrain features. BTW I don't mod/graphics, so I couldn't do this, but I'm just throwing the idea out to the community

This has been suggested before in a natural disaster thread in which resources where used to represent natural distasters. I use an oasis resource in my games. The problem with natural disaster resources with high appearance / disappearance probability is that it only dissapears after you have built a road to it and only effects you after you have started to work the tile. There was also discussion about AI trading. Would the AI accept Volcano? And can you really trade little lakes?
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Maybe you could make them bonus resources to avoid trading, but this will stop them from dissapearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adc
        Maybe you could make them bonus resources to avoid trading, but this will stop them from dissapearing.

Yeah but are you seriously gonna trade "deep sea trenches" for your silk or iron ???
        W.I.N.T.E.R :cool:
        Dead Winter reigns in Aramar
        CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
        "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

Actually, you do want them to be bonus resources. This way they could be decorative and permanent.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Yeah it should be bonus resources so you can't trade them.
            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

wrong post
              Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                Actually, you do want them to be bonus resources. This way they could be decorative and permanent.
                The problem here is that you for some reason cannot control their appearance ratio and you cannot use them as required resourses for buildings/units etc...

This means that if you want to have a very rare natural resourse (volcano etc) they will appear around the map
                in the same abudance than wheat and there is no way of controlling it.

If you want a resourse to be rare or VERY abudant, then you MUST make it strategic and thus TRADEABLE witch is a very sad thing. Expecially since this will mean that you may actually be able to trade that volcano or earthquake to a A.I for some 50 GPT

-S
                GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                even mean anything?

Comment

wont this particularily slow down gameplay as the ai will have to evaluate tradeable resources every turn ??
                  W.I.N.T.E.R :cool:
                  Dead Winter reigns in Aramar
                  CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
                  "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

One of the things i meant in the first post included putting resources in the ocean, which, if I recall, can not be harvested

Comment

Working...
                    X