Pedia help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedia help

I tried to play my mode under the new patch and got an error when I tried to start a new game. The error reads "Error Reading File, Missing Entry In "text/PediaIcons":ICON_#BLDG_equality". This error has never happened before and I assume it is because of the patch. What is going on and what do I need to do to fix it?
    Duddha: I will return...
    Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
    "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
    Free California!

Since 1.29f, the game now requires that you have a listing in the pediaicons.txt file for what's going to appear in your build and city lists. If it's not there, you will get that error message and the game will shut down. Just open that file, copy one of the existing entries, one that has an icon you can live with, then rename the building to what you want. Or use the MultiTool to copy one of the existing structures.

I have noticed though that sometimes it forgets to put that entry in the file. A couple of times I've had to do it manually. It works 99% of the time though.

Comment

Just ran into the same thing. Won a cultural victory and got LOAD ERROR ERROR READING FILE. Missing entry in "text\pediaicons.txt". LOVED_RACE_ROMANS
      Followed the above advice (previous post) and looked for "oddities" found "cultural victory winner" on the wrong line in the text. I deleted it and put it in the correct spot and it worked. (I followed the pattern the other files showed, This was just out of place compared to the others listed. )
      I would agree with Willem that this is the problem your having.

Vae Victis
      vae victis!!

Comment

Working...
      X