Seeking opinions on Longevity/Hospital mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking opinions on Longevity/Hospital mod

I was thinking about maybe making a mod. for my personal use, if nothing else, involving a couple of slight adjustments to Longevity and Hospitals, and was wondering what all y'all might think of the idea.

Essentially it is an attempt to make Longevity actually halfway worth building.

As it stands, I think most would agree with me that by the time you get it, its pretty useless because you don't want to grow as fast as Longevity allows, cause most of your cities are pretty maxed out anyway.

Anyway, the idea is to move Longevity down to either Medicine or Sanitation. My initial inclination would be to put it at Sanitation, and shift Hospital to Medicine. I'm even thinking that one could require a certain number of Hospitals to be built before Longevity is buildable. But in doing so, it would move it to a place where cities aren't maxed out yet, and a player willing to persue this side tech could have some significant gains.

My reasoning for the switch is that hospitals were around well before people really started learning about the importance of sanitation, but even then they did have an impact on city life. And once people did learn the importance of sanitation and where disease really came from, this is when life expectancies really started to climb. Essentially, Longevity would represent a society that actually took those lessons to heart and employed them throughout their country.

So, anyone want to throw out any thoughts on the idea?

This isn't a bad idea. the best way to find out if it would work is to try it. If you do try it report back to us, I would be interested to read the results.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
    X