Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Kuratko's extension to PSM

KURATKO'S EXTENSION to PATCH SUGGESTION MOD by PLAYER1

This is just another attempt to add something to the excellent conservative mod created and continually improved by Player1. Like many of you, I also prefer rather conservative mods, but still there are things that I miss and that make me to add some bits according to my personal taste. Though I am aware that there are already too many similar mods, I decided to post my attempt too in the hope that some ideas I incorporated here might be found inspirative for the major conservative mods. If you would like to give a try to my changes, I will be grateful for your feedback.

This mod contains all the changes in ver. 1.32 of the Patch suggestion mod plus the following:

Kuratko's changes:

Railroad now takes 18 turns to complete. It is very powerful and should take more time to build the complete net.

Terrain bonuses changed:
    Grassland gives no shield bonus with mining. (I do not want the whole countryside mined). When polluted, it is changed to Desert.
    Hills give three shields when mined. (To balance fewer shields from Grassland).
    Tundra and Jungle give no commerce bonus with road. (To build a road across the tile, i.e. to access a resource, you need to clear the Jungle or plant Forest or to build a colony) [removed in ver. 1.34.1].
    Jungle gives one shield bonus when mined. Sea gets one shield.

Clear jungle now requires Mathematics.

NOTE: Since starting from 1.29f patch roads/railroads cannot be built on terrain with no commerce bonus on roads, there is a problem with accessing resources placed on Tundras and Jungles. Jungles can be cleared and you can build road on the base terrain. On Tundras, you can plant trees once you know Engineering. The only other way to get the resource is to build a colony on that tile and connect it with a road to the rest of the world. If a resource tile is completely surrounded by Jungle or Tundra - such resource would never be accessible, unless you clear jungle/plant trees. Also, be sure to build the colony sooner than the tile falls within someone's cultural borders as from that time on you cannot build colonies anymore and the resource will only be accessible when a city is placed on that tile. [removed in ver. 1.34.1]

Barbarian sea unit changed to Privateer. To make sea exploration a better challenge.

World sizes: Increased number of civs and distance between players:
    Tiny - 60x60, 6 civs, dist. 9, 8 cities, 180 tech rate
    Small - 80x80, 8 civs, dist. 12, 10 cities, 220 tech rate
    Standard - 100x100, 10 civs, dist. 15, 14 cities, 260 tech rate
    Large - 130x130, 12 civs, dist. 19, 24 cities, 320 tech rate
    Huge - 160x160, 16 civs, dist. 24, 32 cities, 400 tech rate

Democracy and The Republic swapped in the research Tree. Democracy is now in the ancient age and enables new City States government, government Republic is still enabled by The Republic (but now in the late Middle ages). Democratic government (now renamed Modern Democracy) is available in the Industrial age with The Corporation.
    The City States government is added to represent ancient form of Democracy. It has stats similar to Monarchy (which is available at about the same time) with the following distinctions: corruption is communal (cities are more or less independent), gets one more free unit per every city, only 2 military police and weak war weariness, immune to steal world map, slightly better in resistance. Favourite government for Greece and Iroquois.
    Changed max. science rates: Anarchy 60%, Despotism 70%, Monarchy 80%, City States, Republic and Communism 90% and Modern Democracy 100%.

Tax Collector requires Currency and Scientist requires Philosophy.

Explorer available with Map Making (much sooner) and its movement changed to 1 (still has all terrain as roads). They can build colonies.

Solar plant gives 100% production bonus.

The Great Wall grants Walls to every city on continent.

Archers, Bowmen, Longbowmen and Riflemen get zero range bombard ability (they will get a free shot when stacked with a defensive unit).

Longevity wonder comes sooner, with Medicine, is cheaper (800 instead of 1000) and gives 1 happy face in all cities [changed in ver. 1.34.1].

CHANGES TO AI BUILD-OFTEN LIST

Changed AI build-often list as shown below to bring AI build order closer to what some expert human players have found optimal. Added production to all civs to encourage factories. Each civ has at least one marketplace category (trade, happiness, wealth) to encourage building this important building. Encouraging AI to take advantage of their cheap buildings: Scientific have Science flagged, Religious have happiness, Militaristic have trade and units.

EDIT: Updated to reflect changes made to PSM mod ver 1.33

EDIT: Updated to new version 1.34.1

Terrain properties reworked.
    Road bonus returned back to Tundra and Jungle. There were too many problems with these settings since 1.29f.
    Cities forbidden in Desert, Tundra, Forest and Jungle. This should increase the value of colonies. Also somewhat blocks expansion.
    Longevity effects lowered, 2 happy faces in the city, none elsewhere.

The zip file contains:
    Kuratko_1.34.1.bic BIC file, copy to \Scenarios folder
    Kuratko_1.34.1.txt readme file
    buildings-small.pcx for annotated buildlist, copy to \Art\City Screen
    units_32.pcx for annotated buildlist, copy to \Art\units
    Civilopedia.txt updated Civilopedia, copy to \Text
    CivStats Kuratko_1.34.1.xls MSExcel file, contains all stats
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kuratko; August 27, 2002, 05:26.
    Check my C3C Reference Tech Tree
    Test my Anti-Conquests Mod

Apologies

Table in the above post was corrupted, therefore I deleted it. The correct table can be found in the readme.
    Last edited by Kuratko; August 13, 2002, 06:28.

Comment

Hmm,
      Just to know.

There is 1.33 version of Patch suggestion MOD.

P.S.
      By the way, MOD is OK.
      Original, but not something I would put in my own PS MOD (my MOD is conservative so I try not to experiment too much, or not to change things which are not broken).

Comment

Originally posted by player1
        There is 1.33 version of Patch suggestion MOD.
        Already reflected....

By the way, MOD is OK.
        Original, but not something I would put in my own PS MOD (my MOD is conservative so I try not to experiment too much, or not to change things which are not broken).
        Thanks, player1. I like your mod and understand your intentions. That is why I took PSM as a basis for my mod. I just wanted to go a little bit further.

Comment

Working...
        X