CTP Water Tunnels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Water Tunnels?

Is it possible to make a road-like tile improvement that allows land units to travel across ocean like in CTP? That'd be really cool. I hate having to use transports to invade England from France or vice-versa.

Does the potential for this exist?

you could make roads buildable on water, but that's about all you can do.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

And that would not allow land units to enter that terrain anyway.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

no, but presumably you could use it to link resoures, e.g. if ppl wanted offshore oil
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

yes, but it would look weird, and ships traveling on that area would move faster
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            yes, but it would look weird, and ships traveling on that area would move faster
            i've been doing some tests, and ships DONT move faster on roaded / railed ocean tiles
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Do sea roads let you ghet access to say asea oil resource
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Deathwalker, yes if it is in your teratory but harbors also alow that, you need colonys to get it if it is outside of your teratory.
                Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                3D Unit tutorial
                My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Working...
                X