end movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end movie

when i win the space race it wont show the movie the screen goes black and them flashes and goes to the the repaly screen
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Does it play the intro movie?

If it doesn't you may need to update your drivers.

Your specs might help.

Comment

yes it's plays the intro movie fine
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Check

D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Moviesrace.bik

It should have a size of 26.0 MB (27,293,572 bytes)

It may be corrupted. Try replacing it with a new copy from the CD. There are only three movies and they all use the binkw32.dll file to play them. If one works so should the other unless the file is messed up.

For some reason even read only files sometimes get corrupted in windows and especially in FAT32 and FAT16. NTFS is supposed to have less corruption. Defragging your hard drive at regular intervals can decrease the rate of file corruption.

Comment

i dont see it in the art folder or anywhere

Comment

Well I did leave out a \ so here is the correct folder. Did you find the Movies folder?

D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Movies\race.bik

I know you have that folder on whatever hard drive because the intro.bik is in there as well and you said the intro played. If you can find intro.bik and race.bik isn't in the same folder then you will need to copy it into the folder. It in the same folder on the Civ III CD.

H:\Art\Movies\race.bik

Comment

the movie folder isnt there

Comment

If that were true you would not be seeing the intro movie. Its there or you didn't see it.

Do a search with the Explorer search tool for intro.bik. Then you will see the folder.

You may have your setting so that you can't see hidden files or system files. And when you fix that bit of MS overprotection also set it to show the extensions. Its really a big handicap if you can't see the extensions.

Again this is the path ON MY PC. Yours will likely by different as I am booting XP off my D drive.

D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Movies

Comment

Oh you can use brute force of course.

Unistall Civ III and then reinstall Civ III and then the latest patch. You may want to run the patch twice. For some it apparently unistalls stuff on the first pass and needs to be run again to install. It did not work that way for me except for the very first patch 1.16f. All others have done it right the first time.

Comment

it wasnt there either i forget to tell you that i did a minumn installion not a full

Comment

You don't have the disk do you? Minimum install requires the disk for the movies.

Comment

yes i have the disk

Comment

Then fix the problem. I gave you two different ways to do it allready.

Comment

i searched for the file and it wasnt there

Comment

Working...
                            X