Can't get the 1.29 Patch to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get the 1.29 Patch to work

I'm a new Civ 3 player and won my first game at monarch. Diplomatically which supprised me. I was going for a space ship. Only been playing for 3 months. I,m hopelessly addicted. I can't seem to get the patch to work. Though I built a map and am anxious to try it out. More than likely it's my lack of computor skills. I'd appreciate any help or advice.

you need to be more specific when asking this kind of question. What exactly about the patch isn't working? Can you even start a game? And did you run the patch install twice? The first time gets rid of redundant stuff and the second puts in the new stuff.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I can start a game but it's the regular game. I went in the editor and changed a couple of things so I would know it was working. I added the starting gold at 200 and changed the hit points on elites. The patch was downloaded from this site. I even tried re-installing the game. Are you suggesting that I download it again and try that?

Thanks for the reply looking forward to using the editor and creating scenerios to learn more about the game.

Comment

Did you change the rules before you installed the patch?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Changing things in the editor will only influence the games that you start after the changes with that specific scenario. You then have to load the scenario instead of creating a new game.
          Is that the problem you are referring to?

Comment

I installed the patch a second time. Now it's working!

I didn't change the rules before starting the editor. The editor never appeared untill I downloaded the patch the first time. I figured I got that with the patch. Really not sure.

I created a map and am not sure how to install or start that game. This is all new to me only been playing the game since June 28th. The strategy threads have been a big help. I'[ve never played a computor game before except chess and backgammon.

Thanks for all theimput. Really Appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
            X