Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI: Civ-specific buildings CAN be done - here's how!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Civ-specific buildings CAN be done - here's how!

FYI, in case you hadn't figured it out, you can create civ-specific buildings in the editor.

Create a new technology, put it in the "None" era, make it a requirement of the particular building you want to be civ-specific, and give this as a starting tech to the civilizations you want to have the building.

Using this technique, you could also create civ-specific resources (resources that only specific civs can see) which in turn could be used as requirements to build buildings, units etc in later technologies. Or anything else that you can attach to a technology can be used to be civ-specific.

Techs in the "none" era can never be traded with other civilizations, or discovered in goodie huts or anything else. So only the civs originally given them can have them.

Now, if only they would allow techs in the "none" era to be a requirment to techs in other eras we could create unique techs trees for each civilizations. That's what I would like to see in the new version.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

didnt try it but sounds like an excellent find!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Worth a news item then MarkG? Or perhaps this could be a sticky thread for a while?
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        didnt try it but sounds like an excellent find!
        It isn't a "find" it's in the the editor help file.

Comment

Originally posted by hzm
          It isn't a "find" it's in the the editor help file.
          That may be so, but from some of the posts from people struggling to create their own mods, it doesn't appear to be well known. This fact needs to be popularised somehow.

Comment

I remember it was very discussed, but I thuink the none techs didbn't work as expected before 1.21f
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
            X