Don't want unlimited mv with railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't want unlimited mv with railroads

Why don't we just edit out railroads so roads are the max we can get. change some prereq's for future advances and bang we should have more of a AI challange!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
    ---------------------------------------------

Ya, i was thinking of doing that. The fact that you have unlimeted movement with railroads, gives you a big advantage over the AI. It seams the AI cant cope with 'em.

Comment

The AI surely can cope with it. When I have every AI tank knocking on my front door...

Now whether or not its a good thing that rr = infinite move is another issue.
      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

i'd like to see them get onto a train, so you can place a carrier next to the civ and bomb their trains to kill all the units, and somtiems kill just the train with the units still alive!
        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

For now, you could move railroads to a later tech, like superconducter and utilize them as high speed rails.

Comment

Or increase the turns it takes workers to build them... I think you can set it to 1000 max... That way not every square will have a RR so pillaging/bombing may make more of a difference...

For me the game more or less ends when I have RRs in place... Would be sweet to have the option to reduce movement bonus to 6 (double that of roads...)...
            Zig-

Comment

I would like to have a three-stage transport system (a la CTP) with roads, highways, and high-speed rail.

But the option to change movement bonuses would be a nice addition to the editor (with PTW, maybe?).

Comment

Working...
              X