Invisible Space Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Space Ship

Ok so I tried finding this question here ...but haven't had any luck. So I will have to ask it myself...

I've started building the Spaceship. But I can't view it. Is there some particular part that needs to be built first so you can see it? Clicking the little "S" button for view spaceship just gives you the "click" acknowledgement sound, but nothing happens. Your little unit onscreen that was ready to move never even pauses in its blink. There's no graphical acknowledgement that my spaceship is in progress. So I tried going more turns, building more parts, building external casing.... no change. How am I ever supposed to *launch* the thing if I can't even see it? Is this just a glitch or am I still needing some stupid requirement they just "forgot" to mension in the manual? Anybody else ever experience this particular frustration...?

--Green Athena.
    "I will not govern my actions by your reactions."

Are you playing after 2050? If so you can't launch because the game ended allready. You can keep playing in the sandbox but the contest is over and so are things related to victory.

Comment

Have you tried the "F" keys?

Comment

Specifically, F10 (Manual page 200).

Comment

The year is only 1345 AD, and I did try the F10 key -- same effect as the "S" button. All the other F keys work fine. *sigh*

And I was *so* looking forward to seeing what the ship looks like. . .

--Green Athena.

Comment

1350 is kind of early for someone to be building a space ship. Are you using a mod of some kind? Did you accidently turn off the space race in the game setup?

1350 is REALLY early for someone that has never even seen the space ship screen. That implies that you are playing your first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
              1350 is kind of early for someone to be building a space ship. Are you using a mod of some kind? Did you accidently turn off the space race in the game setup?
              If he'd turned off space race, he wouldn't be able to build the Apollo Program and thus wouldn't be able to build any of the space ship parts.
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Thats what I thought but I am shotgunning so I tried suggesting that one as well.

Maybe his F10 key is buggered? I don't think thats it either. My best guess at the moment is that he is using a modded game. Of course it could be that he activated the accelerated production option in 1.29f and there is a bug. I haven't tried accelerated production so I don't know how it works but I suppose that could be why he is that advanced in 1345AD. I know its possible to launch REALLY early especialy on high levels but I can't see how someone that has never even seen the space ship could manage it without a gimmick for rapid development.

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812

If he'd turned off space race, he wouldn't be able to build the Apollo Program and thus wouldn't be able to build any of the space ship parts.
                  "he" is a "she" thus the "Athena" but anyway. . .

yes I am in mod, but checked the settings closely. Space Race is still on. And I am building the parts in cities.

I've played before, but not full through ... this time decided to, so I stacked the cards heavily in my favor.
                  Wanted to see the ship, and play through the game once at "EEEASY" ...to get the feel of it etc.
                  Certainly no master strategist, but not a complete idiot either (usually) ...but an avid, addicted fan of Civ. (since Civ I).

Sad about the loss of wonder movies.

Sad I can't see the spaceship.

Green Athena.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by zulu9812

Nothing strange activated in the mod, either .... just boosted production a bit and made VERY nice city spots.

--GA
                    Last edited by green_athena; August 6, 2002, 22:25.

Comment

So start another game. On Chieftan level with no mods. The mod is very likely the source of your problem. They can have odd unanticipated effects. Bugs.

On Chieftan you should have little trouble launching the space ship. Just don't expect to trade for tech as the AI is too crippled to do fast research. Build a lot of cities early and use your workers to develop them. Spend as much as you can on research. On higher levels you can depend on trade for tech but not on the lowest two.

Comment

Working...
                      X