I've been having crashing problems on 16 civ maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been having crashing problems on 16 civ maps

here are my two saves, can you guys see if they work for you? this is two games in a row now where i crash in the modern age. i'm just wondering if its my install or something with the game. but as a rule over 50% of my 16 civ 250x250 maps crash.. i've been having this problem with all the patches, origional and modified .bic. the changes i play with are:
    addes city names
    lethal bomardment
    added leader names
    changed colors on civs

thanks.

hmm.. the files are two big, even ziped. anyone know how i can post them or do i need to set up an FTP or something?
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Send an email to Gramphos asking if he'll put them up
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

heh, thanks, next stupid question.. whats his email?

Comment

dunno - just find one of his posts and check out his profile, it's the first button at the top of the post - "Click Here to See the Profile for Gramphos"
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

One thing you haven't mentioned is what the system specs are with the computer you're running the game on. Huge maps like you have with 16 civs can challenge some of the best on the market right now. So if your system isn't top of the line, that might be your problem right there.

Comment

true, i would expect a performance problem and not a crash though. i've had large games crash while still in the ancient era too.

my system specs are:
            dell c800 laptop
            1 gig mhz
            geforce 2 go 32 mb
            512 meg ram
            running 1600x1200 game resolution

Comment

My email is in my sig.

*doh*
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i sent ya a PM, but i can email ya too :P

Comment

i sent ya an email too, let me know if you havent seen it, my email has been flakingout on attachments lately

Comment

Here are the files:

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

wohoo! thanks! now to see if it works for anyone else..

Comment

I have a slight map problem also...

I have the civ 2 lod of the rings middle earth map and I want to know how to convert it into a civ 3 map... if anyone knows how to do this, could you please post here?

Thanks.

Comment

I had the game crash on me in the late industrial age, also on a huge map with 16 civs. Since I started it quite a while ago -- I think before any patches came out -- I believe the size was actually greater than the current "Huge". I had a vast empire, by far the biggest in the game. I had just completed about one or two hour's worth of micromanagement (maybe some day, I should learn to let my governors handle things in most of my cities). When I tried to save all of my beautiful work, it was evidently too much for my poor computer. "System dangerously low on resources!" I lost all my work (none of it was autosaved, as it was all in the space of one turn).

I haven't played the game much since then, so I don't know if it'll happen again. I did get past that spot though, so at least I know I won't be stuck there.
                          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Leo: I'm not that much into mapping but as far as I know you cannot convert Civ2 maps to Civ3 (feel free to correct me). I think you'd have to rebuild it.

But check the Apolyton maps section first (apolyton.net/dir) and look if someone else did it already.

Comment

Someone produced a Civ III map of Middle Earth, but I forget where I saw it.
                              "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                              "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Working...
                              X