Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there not visible on your map?

Comment

no, i see them all now. sorry I took so long to get back to you.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

okay that's what I thought and no prob

i'm wondering how people are playing this out? On CFC one person just ditched the pearl harbor idea and went on to do something else. Frankly I didnt make this thinking that would be a way to play, but hey whatever works...

Comment

I went for the oil and rubber, then built an east asian empire. I took a while to reallyattack America, but of course, I had to bomb Pearl Habor just because thats what Japan does.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Great Scenario !

Had to go for Oil and Rubber first of course. But it was a bit too eas to get an alliance with all other powers (I mean besides the ones you are already at war with). That meant I was not worrying too much about my ennemies.

But thanks for one special strategic element of your scenario. The Naval warfare (including naval artillery) is just great. Maybe you liked the Navarone Guns a few years back (!).

Subs are a pain...
            Bombers and artillery are extremely useful without being to powerful.
            The choke points can lead to real naval battles.
            And I love to bomb to zero (takes a while though) infantry troops protecting artillery at strategic positions then sending in a imperial marine to take control of the artillery and turning it against the ships of their former owner !
            The Great Armada scenario

Comment

Hi,

just discovered a bug.
              As I mentioned in my previous post, it is fairly easy to ally with all the powers you don't start at war with (including the USA) before you start attacking the Chinese.

What's more is that when you ask them for Mutual Protection Pact at the very beginning, they will be willing to give you anything they have (lump sum and per turn money, ressources, maps and .... ALL their cities (not their capitals of course).

That would be dangerous in some areas since you are at war with some other players with noone left to defend your cities and you are culturally very weak but I found myself with nearly all America except for Mexico and the capitals. Got all India and Mongolia too !
              The Great Armada scenario

Comment

thanks for posting this loulong. I'll figure out how to fix that one out and get it updated

very interesting that the AI is willing to give out all there cities on the first turn though, I wonder if the amount of turns passed have any bearing on the AI's considered value of cities. Could also be the lack of medieval/antique civ advances.

Comment

Working...
                X