Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message Missing entry in "text\pediaicons.txt":TECH_Bronze_Working

Please help me!!!

I've downloaded the mod (Mizaqroot_v_1_8) from Apolypton and have replaced the "pediaicons.txt" - file.
    When I try to start a new game the program has an error saying: Missing entry in "text\pediaicons.txt": TECH_Bronze_Working

I do't know what it means - so can anybody please help me???

Chances are that mod was done before 1.29f came out. That patch has changed the way it deals with Tech icons, and now contains the info in the pediaicons.txt file, instead of hardcoding it like it was before. What you'll have to do is get a version of the 1.29f file, go down to the very bottom, and copy the info. Then you'll have to paste it into the pediaicons.txt file that came with the mod.

Comment

Mizaq's root mod was done way, way before 1,29 f - 1.16f (or even maybe 1.07f) I think.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Where can I get the new 1.29 file?

Well... now I have another question. Willem said I need the new file (pediaicons.txt 1.29) but where can I get it.
        He said I have to go to the bottom, copy the info and paste it into the file???
        What is on the bottom? What can I copy there?
        Or need I just the new pediaicons - file?

I hope you can help

Comment

Are you trying to start a regular 1.29 game after installing mod-ed text files?

I'm not familiar with that mod so Its hard to be specific. In general though, the editor functions with 1.29 have been expanded. As a result we can add a lot more stuff without hacking our own changes as was done with the earlier mods. One change that has become apparant is that there is a requirement for the text files to be correctly set up otherwise there is an error (as you have seen). The error message is telling you that an entry for bronze working is missing. This seems kind of unusual to me since thats a default not an added tech so I'm not sure why its gone.

Open civ3/ text/pediaicons (just doubleclick it'll open with wordpad)

scroll down to
          # Small Tech Icons and insert this text if it is missing (normally it sits between banking and ceremonial burial

#TECH_Bronze_Working
          Art\tech chooser\Icons\06-bronzeWorking-small.pcx

after that scroll down some more and find # Large Tech Icons and insert

#TECH_Bronze_Working_LARGE
          Art\tech chooser\Icons\06-bronzeWorking-large.pcx

save and try the game again
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The problem is that he installed an old pediaicons.txt file along with the mod he's now playing, so the new tech entries aren't in there. He needs that entire section in the 1.29f version of the file.

Gravestar:

I've included a copy of the file for you. Open it up, go the very bottom of the document until you find the Tech entries. Then copy the whole section that's there, and paste it into the pediaicons.txt file for the mod.
            Attached Files

Comment

It works!!!

WHUHA...

It works.

THX to everybody!!

Comment

Working...
              X