Stacked Movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked Movement?

Has group movement been included in Civ3's latest 1.29 incarnation?

Stack movement has been in since 1.21f: J moves all units of that type currently in that tile together.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I thank you for the update; excuse my ignorance, as I haven't played the game since January. I resumed a few weeks ago, just prior to 1.29's release.

How things can change in six months! Apparently one year in the world of software design equates to seven normal years. Not unlike Dog Years.

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
        Stack movement has been in since 1.21f: J moves all units of that type currently in that tile together.
        How? I can't move several units - only one by one.
        In the same tile, I can fortify or wake then all, that's not a movement!

regards
        Krakatoa

Comment

The J command won't move all units in that tile; only units of the same type as the one currently selected.
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Actually, I have been using 1.29f since day 1 and have found intermittet occurances of the J move NOT working. Specifically, yesterday I tried it on a stack of cavalry and it didn't work; but then went to a second stack and it did. I've reinstalled (clean) Civ 3 and the patch 3 times to troubleshoot possible bugs, and know it IS in the software. It has been a minor thing though, as sometimes it will not work on the 1st unit, but will on the next.
            Don't make me come down there!

GOD :hmmm:

Comment

are all your units moveable or fortified?? The stack moviment works on moveable units only.
              regards
              Krakatoa

Comment

Working...
              X