Highly Unique MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly Unique MOD

Would anyone be interested in a mod that made each civs units -the farther they advanced technologically- more unique and reflective of their culture? I was just thinking that I might be up for making one, but wanted to see if there was any interest. I just hate sending units up against the same from another country, shouldnt each civ be a little more original? Im not good with graphics, so I may need some help. But I love slogging through the Editor editing everything.

Mostly this stems from my wanting Rome to have lots of unique units because that is my forte in history. You know, Praetorian Guards, Equites, Auxilia, and of course legions...anyway, thoughts and comments appreciated.
    DEVM SVM
    I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
    Roma Invicta

Good idea. Even better would be to create unique technology trees for each civ. Unfortunately, that can't be done (yet) however I have discovered that if you set some technologies to era none and then give those techs to the civs you choose at the beginning, noone else can get those techs, they can't be traded or discovered from goodie huts so those techs remain unique to the civs given them throughout the game. Now all we need is to be able to use these techs as prerequsites for techs in a normal era but it currently won't let us. If that was allowed, we could create unique tech trees for each civ.

I experimented with this idea and managed to create unqiue worker tasks for different civs. That is, not every civ could mine, not every civ could irrigate, not every civ could build roads. However, I was hoping they would be able to trade for their missing techs and that didn't work so playing the game without a worker ability or two may not really work well unless you learn to create alliances and learn to cooperate.

In my next experiment by the same process, I may see if I can allow some goods to only be unique to certain civilizations. If you also use those goods as a prerequisite for some units or buildings, you can create rather unique civlizations, however, it would still be possible to trade for those unique goods in order to build the same units but it would make it all quite special.

Another possiblity I've just thought of is associating unique buildings with the unique techs. You can also allow future buildings on the main tech tree but for those buildings put the unique building as a prerequisite. Thus makes thse future buildings on the main tech tree also unique.

The possibilites here are endless...
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I would definitely be interested. I can't mod worth a crap, but would be able offer any support I can to such a cause. See my post "can this be done" for my idea. I know its possible, but I just can't get this going(skill and patience are lacking)

Comment

except what modern units would the babylonians have? what ancient units would the americans or russians have?

anyway

Comment

The modern barbarians could be like a disease or alians or something and the ancient americans could have a mix of the english, french, and other european civs units
          That's right shop smart, shop S-mart, YOU GOT THAT!-Ash, Army of Darkness

Comment

I would rather see a tech tree with more optional brances, so some of them could be skipped.
            The difference between industrial society and information society:
            In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
            In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

I have been thinking about making civ-specific tech trees, but, as pointed out, this is not possible. so, if anyone has any suggestions as to units or what not, feel free.

as per the units for ancient americans and modern babylonians, i dont know. that is something we would have to figure out. the most obvious solution would be to get rid of such civilizations entirely. OR, make them into somethin like "Mesopotamians," so that they might be transient in different ages. I.e.- Babylonians to Persians to Baghdad Calipahte to Ottoman etc. But, once again, this is something I would need help on. My forte is the Roman history. Im not so certain on how to make worthwhile units for other civs, save a few.
              DEVM SVM
              I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
              Roma Invicta

Comment

You can always imagine that the pre-Mayflower Americans were a part of England, and that Babylon is Iraq today.
                The difference between industrial society and information society:
                In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Working...
                X