peacekeeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacekeeping?

I think there should be a way to keep the peace among nations. Nowadays when two nations start fighting all the other nations immediately try to stop the war. There should be a way to do that in the game, but there isn't. I think I may have figured out a way to kind of get close. But it's very simple and it really just might stop the fighting for like a turn, but the nations will still be at war. How about making a unit with defensive stats that's amphibious, can do airdrop missions, and with hidden nationality flagged. You could make a bunch of these, load them on choppers, and send them to the front and in between the two enemy forces. They could repel attacks from each side so the civs don't fight each other. Yes, they would both get hurt by attacking the peacekeepers but maybe it could cause them to stop fighting.

You might say it's pointless; wouldn't you want the AIs fighting each other? Well, not all the time. What if you're about to or you're in a war with 2 AIs on your side and your goal is to destroy a huge civ. If the two AIs on your side are fighting, well, that's not good. Please tell me what you think!
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I like the idea, maybe the civ that has the UN wonder would get a certain number (say 10) of infantry troops (complete with blue helmets and all) to deploy to any position in the world. They couldn't take cities but could fight and pillage like regular troops and would only be granted when a majority of civs supported your "peacekeeping" mission. Firing on the UN troops would be like dropping a nuke, all the other civs would not like it and would embargo you (at the least) to declaring a war... The troops could be stationed on rival civs borders or something.

Comment

I tried to make peacekeeper units to Civ 2, but I never tested them.
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Not sure but, if Mike succeeds in making his wishlist come to fruition, then making units contingent on buildings (and not just strategic resources) might soon be possible!!!

If this happens, then my suggestion would be an Infantry or Mech Infantry unit. It would be colourless, have no support cost and have an exceptionally high Defense strength, good HP but poor attack strength! But it could only be built by the person who has the UN! You could then deploy them along the borders, or near the cities, of warring civs, as suggested by JohnMcCloud!
        If we also get unit trading (another wish-list item) you could also trade them with other Civs and they could then, in turn, garrison them in their own cities as a way of preventing the cities capture! In conjunction with multi-lateral diplomacy (not on the wish-list apparently but, who knows?!) this would make the U.N definitely worth having!
        Anyway, I'd like to know what people think!

Yours,
        The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

I would love the idea, makes the game a bit more realistic, but I think it would be way too easy to abuse!

Comment

Working...
          X