Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input and Suggestions for a Spanish Main mod needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input and Suggestions for a Spanish Main mod needed.

I need to know who should be the civs and their leaders for a 1450-1700 Spanish Main Era mod of the Carribbean.

Here's what I'm leaning towards:
    NATIVE CIVS
    Mayas-Pacal
    Aztecs(NO CHANGE)
    Iroquois(NO CHANGE)
    Incas - Atahualpa
    Cherokee - Sequoyah

EUROPEAN CIVS
    Portuguese-Prince Henry the Navigator
    Spanish- King Philip-He took a more active part in harvesting the Americas
    Dutch- William of Orange
    English-(NO CHANGE)
    French-Louis XIV-the Sun King- Oh my word I started working on him at lunch and I about fell out of my chair I was having so much fun! Hmmm how much BIGGER can I make his hair? Although at first he bore an amazing resemblence to Beethoven!

OTHER CIVS
    "Brothers of the Coast"- Edward "Blackbeard" Teach

The Far East-No Leader I plan on setting a non player civ to represent the spices, etc. the Spanish brought to Mexico form the Indies.

That's 10(11) civs altogether. Other possibles:

"Marooners" similiar to Brothers of the Coast but would add a second pirate civ.

Anyone know of/or willing to make additional naval units for this. You will get full credit for any units you make. I currently play to rename the Man Of War a WarGalleon for this scenario.

Other concepts. Only Native Civs will be allowed to build settlers/ form new settlements European and Pirate civs will have to take them!

Want to set the corruption so that the European civs will have to build most of their units overseas. The Pirates will have their 'capital' in the carribbean so it shouldn't be a problem for them.

Default captured unit will be a captive. That's what the Europeans will get when they capture a Native settler.

All of the Carribbean will be coastal and sea with a narrow strip of ocean tiles seperating Europe from the Carribbean. I'll up the movement cost of ocean squares to 4 or something to make it take the European players a while to ship stuff back and forth.

Possibly make ALL ships have a chance to sink in ocean (not a great chance) since even frigates and galleons were lost at sea on the voyage across the Atlantic.

I'm thinking of using the Modern Settler as a special unit that you produce at your new world colonies then you have to haul it back to the Old World where it can be upgraded to something useful.

Concept still in the rough....

Ideas or suggestions?

I wouldn't put the Iroquois and the Cherokee in the game, they had almost no contact with the Spanish. Instead, I'd suggest the Hopi and the Navaho. Basically, a large part of North America would not be involved.
    (Alternatively, you'd lose the focus on Spain.)
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah
      I wouldn't put the Iroquois and the Cherokee in the game, they had almost no contact with the Spanish. Instead, I'd suggest the Hopi and the Navaho. Basically, a large part of North America would not be involved.
      (Alternatively, you'd lose the focus on Spain.)
      The Cherokee had MAJOR contact with the Spanish having close to 80% of their population wiped out as a direct result of said contact with those nasty diseases.

Unless you don't consider DeVaca and DeSoto Spanish.

Although, you're right about the Iroquois, I just hate not including an already put together Native civ in the scenario.
      Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; July 25, 2002, 08:51.

Comment

nice idea

i'd recommend to include pirates! don't use barbarbarians, make it a civilization.

give 'em loads of privateer-like ships (cheaper, stronger, faster), set "build often" to "naval units" (nothing else). make a lot of equaly corrupt cities (preferred governement: communism) spread all over the caribbeans... and make them agressive...
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
          nice idea

i'd recommend to include pirates! don't use barbarbarians, make it a civilization.

give 'em loads of privateer-like ships (cheaper, stronger, faster), set "build often" to "naval units" (nothing else). make a lot of equaly corrupt cities (preferred governement: communism) spread all over the caribbeans... and make them agressive...
          My biggest problem is that you can't make a flat map with the current editor so I have to make the whole world even though I only want to concentrate on the Carribbean and Florida (Spanish Main definition of Florida would be the lower HALF of the current US)

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
            My biggest problem is that you can't make a flat map with the current editor so I have to make the whole world even though I only want to concentrate on the Carribbean and Florida (Spanish Main definition of Florida would be the lower HALF of the current US)
            there have been some threads around recently about flat maps. basicly, you'll probably have to "fake" it, with mountain/water/mountain columns. corruption still isn't solved, but you can maybe do that by making the map stretch out far into the atlantik ocean... it'll be a gigantic empty void out there, but at least the corruption reduction from the left and right end of the land mass won't be that big ;-)

now that doesn't sound like anyone would unterstand what i mean, so here a small graph (for simplicity: just cuba)

0 = ocean
            1 = land
            C = capital
            c = city

0c11111C0

here, c and C are only 3 chars apart, so corruption is less than just the land mass (6 chars)

you can solve it like following (exadurated):

0c11111C000000000000

hope it's clearer now, what i meant
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Yeah, I have some good concepts, I think I've pretty much got the having to haul back stuff to the mainland down.

It may turn out to be a Colonization/Pirates mod and not be histoically based. Similiar to Colonization where the new world was never the same as the historic New World. Then I could place the Europeans at the top by the pole and add the New World to the bottom.

Call it the New World mod instead of the Spanish Main.

E=Europe Player, o=ocean, I=New World

ooooooEoEoEoEoEoooooooo
              ooooooooooooooooooooooo
              ooooooooooooooooooooooo
              IoooIoooIooooIIoooooIoooII
              IIIoIIIIIoIIIIooIIIIIIIooIIIIIIIo
              IIIIIIIIIooIIIIoIIIIIooooIIIIIII

Comment

Working...
              X