Can this be done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be done

Can you assign more than 1 UU per civ with the new editor? I have an idea of making a mounted version of each UU (save the ones that are vehicles) so that there uniqueness can continue longer. I would replace regular Knights with mounted Immortals, horsemen with mounted Impis, Legionair, Hoplite etc. Is this possible?

You could do it with the old editor. Within the Units tab, for each unit there is a list allowing you to select which nations may build a unit. If only one nation is selected to usea unit, then you have there a UU.
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Yes, if you have the time and patience, you can make every civ have a totally unique unit set (well, maybe not, I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many units can be in the game).

There is a field on the units tab that says, "Available to:" and has a list of all the civs in the game. Just make your new units available to whomever you choose and your done.

Although, you do have to create or copy all of the sound, animation, and civilopedia information and files for your new unit outside of the editor.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

There is also a Starts Golden Age flag in Unit Abilities for UUs.
          Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
          in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
          3D Unit tutorial
          My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

When i edited my units in the editor my game kept crashing.
            Denday

Comment

Originally posted by Denday
              When i edited my units in the editor my game kept crashing.
              Did you change the name of them at all? If so, did you change the name of the folder in Art/Units, and the ini file inside?

Comment

Working...
              X