Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is so annoying about the editor. I am new at this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so annoying about the editor. I am new at this..

I simply wanted to change team color of china from that ugly powder baby blue color.

This is my first time using the editor and from what I read in the help section to change team colors you have to check custom rules. Then edit civilizations and apparantly at the bottom of the screen are new colors that you can pick for your particular civ.

When the screen pops up it is so big I can't see the part where team colors options are at the bottom and it can't be minimized or scrolled down no matter what i try I can only see half of the screen.

Any way to scroll down or minimize it something? So I can see the bottom half of the screen to change colors?

Try going into your display preferences and setting your font size to small.

Comment

What screen resolution are you running?I'm not entirely sure what the recommended specs for Civ3 is atm, but 1024 x 768 is a safe bet if your moniter and video card can handle it.
      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I didn't think about that thanks.. I'm running my desktop at 800x600..ill go set it at 1024.. that should work

Comment

Incidently, this is my first time using the editor and I am kinda squemish about these things. I hope I don't mess anything up, all I wanna do is change the colors. Do you save it as a scenerio? and it just generates a game for you with those new colors I guess? Some of those civ colors are downright ugly.

Comment

There have been problems in the past with changing the colors, with the game crashing every so often. I'm not sure whether they fixed that in the latest patches or not though.

And yes, you should save it as a scenario, in the Scenario folder. Then if you want to play it, use the Load Scenario option on the main screen.

Comment

You don't have to save it as a scenario, but Firaxis recommends you do so. That keeps the default civ3mod.bic intact. You should back it up anyway, because it's easy to Save by mistake when you're in the editor.

However, IMO simple changes to team colors, city names, etc. that do not alter the way the game is played need not be saved as a scenario. They are the only changes I've made, and I don't see any need to go through the scenario-loading routine just for them.

Be aware that the the Hall of Fame displays only the original colors. IIRC in an earlier version they matched the ones in the modded civ3mod.bic, but that was "fixed" so they would remain the same regardless of any changes. A mistake, in my opinion. I'm so used to playing with Russia as red now, for example, that it seems odd to see it depicted as the standard brown in the HoF.

There are a number of threads on colors (try searching the Civilizations and Creation forums) that you might want to read. People seem to have widely varying color associations for the different civilizations.

The crashing problem has been fixed, BTW.

Comment

Ive just been play testing a scenario thats half finished, the colours change from what you set them to anyway. Remember to change the secondary colour as well....
                "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I was tempted to make russia militaristic... but i stuck with only color changes.

So you have to change all the colors of all the civs and the secondary color as well?

Comment

Working...
                  X