Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Civ3 makes my screen have a seizure. Need assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Civ3 makes my screen have a seizure. Need assistance.

To anyone responding: I have the latest drivers for every part of my new system and I basically upgraded to XP from Win98se. The game /was/ running just fine on Win98se but now that I've upgraded it's doing some weird screen fluctuation thingy. The image on the monitor actually seems to undulate and jitter, making the game rather hard to play because the problem is so annoying. I've tried using the compatibility mode that comes with WinXP (snort) and read a whole bunch of troubleshooting options, but it's still happening. I'd appreciate if anyone has any helpful tips to sort out the problem.

I had a similar problem when I first installed XP. The side borders were pushing into the center, and distorting everything. I uninstalled it completely, removing everything I could find, then reinstalled. At that point my screen would go black, nothing could be seen, and the indicator lights on my monitor were going crazy. That problem was solved by updating my video drivers. Or was that the other way around? The game is now working just fine.

You shouldn't have to use the compatibilty mode, the game seems to work fine as is, once you get your video drivers sorted out. I've also read of some text commands you can enter in the ini file as well, though I don't know what they are at the moment.

Comment

That could be a problem related to your refresh rate. It seems that Civ3 and WinXP have some sort of disagreement here.

Anyway, check out these threads, they might help you somehow:

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
      X