Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you set up trades before the game starts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you set up trades before the game starts?

this may be asking too much, but is there a way to set up trading agreements (or even alliances) with civ3edit?

im making a ww2 scenario based soley in europe, and it's going to be pretty stupid if only a few nations can build tanks from the beginning...

and GIVING them a source of oil is stupid, as Germany was fighting for more oil for most of the war, right?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

No pre-set diplomacy, which makes you wonder how we can actually create historic scenarios since we can't:

1. Change the game start date. WWII starting in 4000 BC is pretty stupid, wouldn't you agree?

2. Change the time increments. The English War of the Roses over 6000 years anyone?

3. Create flap maps. So we get Russia invading Portugal from the coast. Nice.

4. Set any diplomatic options, or make them permanent throughout the game.

5. Event triggers. Not such an issue, but still very useful.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Still, it's possbile to somone make a savegame editor, in which you cen set starting year (but no year increments) and trading/diplomatic deals in one save file for every playable civ.

Could be good way for editor limitations workaround.

Anybody give a try?

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
        No pre-set diplomacy, which makes you wonder how we can actually create historic scenarios since we can't:

1. Change the game start date. WWII starting in 4000 BC is pretty stupid, wouldn't you agree?

2. Change the time increments. The English War of the Roses over 6000 years anyone?

3. Create flap maps. So we get Russia invading Portugal from the coast. Nice.

4. Set any diplomatic options, or make them permanent throughout the game.

5. Event triggers. Not such an issue, but still very useful.
        Those features had better be in PtW, otherwise we can just forget about real scenarios for Civ 3 entirely.

Comment

Working...
        X