Looking for Swamp/marshes terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Swamp/marshes terrain

Does anybody know where I can get swamp looking terrain? I am working on my Operation Barbarossa scenario and need to represent the wetlands between Kiev and Minsk.

I will be replacing the jungle terrain with swamps instead.

I think the standard Civ 3 'jungle' image looks kind of marshy. Though I agree, I don't think that would be quite appropriate for the Pripet Marshes. I haven't seen any marsh image files... you could PM Sn00py about that though, to see if he could whip something up.

Comment

Thanks for the input Trip, I was thinking of asking Sn00py for help but I did not want to come across as being a pain especially since I am a new poster to these forums.

I will give it a try but in the mean time I will still go through old Civ2 terrain graphics.

By the way, I have been reading some of the posts regarding your work and I am impressed. I especially liked the "city bridge" concept across rivers and will be using that in my Operation Barbarossa scenario.

Keep the great ideas coming in

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words.
        I've put a lot of effort into the scenario, and hopefully it'll pay off. At least the thing works.

As far as Sn00py, he's an alright guy, I don't think he'll mind.
        I'm sure if he is a kind soul who cares about the people who are to judge him, he will help you out.

Best of luck with Barbarossa!

Before winter, we shall be on the doorsteps of the Kremlin meine Freunde!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who is mentally insane to tackle such a large scenario????

I know that it will not be finished until Firaxis implements several things such as:

1. Flat maps
          2. Diplomacy settings
          3. Option for cities to be captured but NOT destroyed
          4. Objectives on cities

(I have already mentioned these on the wish list)

Hopefully in time the scenario will be playable and at least feel like Operation Barbarossa even if the game does not allow for triggers

Now back to drawing that darn map

Comment

Working...
          X