Getting Rid of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of Improvements

First, thanks to Firaxis for a great 1.29F update.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I was wondering if I missed something or not. Let me explain.....

I found myself playing on a really good random map so I saved the game and then used the Civ3 Multi-Tool to save it to a .BIC file since I wanted to use the map for a scenario.

I then loaded the new .BIC into the 1.29F Editor. Naturally, the map had all sorts of improvements on it, roads, irrigation, mines, etc. and I looked for an easy way to get rid of them.

Under VIEW, there was a selection named "Clean Map' that wiped all the human type improvements from the map. I then went ahead, made my changes for the planned scenario and saved the file.

Imagine my surprise when I went to play it. All of the improvements were back in place.....bummer!!!

What I want to know is.....did I miss something that is there which would allow me to permanently remove these things from the map??

If not, then I'd sure like to see that ability added to any future patch.

Thanks.............Bill

The "Clean" command is located under the "view" menu because it only removes all improvements (and huts & camps) from VIEW - it does NOT remove them permanently.

I think you need to remove the improvements by hand... :-(
    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Thanks for the answer.....that's sort of what I was afraid of.

It would seem to me that since the editor has the ability to remove the improvements from view, it SHOULD be pretty easy to actually remove them from the map.

Basically I'm just lazy and HATE the idea of having to remove them from a Huge map one grid square at a time.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X