Does Stealth make units stealthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Stealth make units stealthy?

Allright, I know that the Stealth flag makes air units harder to intercept.

Somewhere I read that Stealth units can be seen only by nearby units, and not just when they entered enemy territory. Is that true?

If it is, the Stealth and Sub flag together would be really useful for undercover units like guerrillas, saboteurs and scouts.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

The Stealth flag only affects an air unit's chance of being intercepted or shot down. The Invisible flag (previously known as Submarine) allows land and sea units to be invisible to enemy units.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Just a note of warning, using invisible on ground units is a bit buggy. If one of your attack units (as in has a non-zero A), enters an invisible ally's square, you will get a warning something like "Are you sure you want to start a war with...". If a unit thas has a zero attack (for example, a worker), then you get no warning and immediately "sneak attack" your friend (with your worker). I've seen this happen enough times to know it's real.

I think the only reason that it works write for ships is that none of them have a zero attack.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
      X