Elite* ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite* ?

Does anyone know what the * next to "Elite" mean?

I assume you've only seen this after the new patch.... well IIRC the new patch creates an asterisk which means that the unit in question has spawned a Great Leader.

Comment

Yes, I just installed it this morning. I guess that Legionary is the same one that made the one Leader I've had so far I thought he died
      Thanks!

Comment

Actually, if an elite unit spawns a leader you should get a pop-up asking you if you want to rename the unit.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Yes of course but it seems that since heonly applied the patch this morning that it cant apply itself retroactively to units that have already made a leader prepatched... which makes perfect sense.

Comment

UPGRADE!!! this unit or put it in an army ASAP.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Oh, this game that has that Leginary with the "Elite *" was before the 1.29F patch So I didn't get it cause I didn't have the new patch when I got it the other day

I wanted to form an Army with the leader but used it for "The Art of War"

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                UPGRADE!!! this unit or put it in an army ASAP.
                I think the Legionary is a standin for the swordman, which I believe is the most ancient unit that cannot be upgraded, followed by the bowman.
                "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

So? Change the upgrade paths. I have Swordsman upgrading to Musketman.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM2433

I think the Legionary is a standin for the swordman, which I believe is the most ancient unit that cannot be upgraded, followed by the bowman.
                    I was talking in general terms. Since the unit cannot produce a GL anymore it is next to useless.
                    So either sacrifice, upgrade it, put it in an army.
                    Maybe you can use it to defend one of you core cities too, i guess
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Er... sorry if this is a stupid question, but...

Suppose that you rename an elite unit that spawned a leader; when you upgrade that elite unit, does it retains the name you gave it?

EDIT: I'm asking this because I have not installed the patch yet.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

If I understand correctly, it would go back to its old name.

Also changing the upgrade path won't help a game in progress since it uses the bic file it was created with.

You could also use it as a defender in a core city where it is unlikely to see combat.

Comment

Why does 'everyone' want to 'push him aside'? Why not just keep him in combat as say like a sacfricial lamb? lol Like pitting him against unbeatable odds like a strong city, knowing that he wont survive?

From my point of view... He's just a regular Legionary now.

Maybe I'll see if he can produce another GL Just incase!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                            Er... sorry if this is a stupid question, but...

Suppose that you rename an elite unit that spawned a leader; when you upgrade that elite unit, does it retains the name you gave it?
                            I tried this in my first game with 1.29, and these units do keep their names. I moved back to my capital as an honour guard...

Comment

Originally posted by ACTD_Ran
                              Why does 'everyone' want to 'push him aside'? Why not just keep him in combat as say like a sacfricial lamb? lol Like pitting him against unbeatable odds like a strong city, knowing that he wont survive?

From my point of view... He's just a regular Legionary now.

Maybe I'll see if he can produce another GL Just incase!
                              According to Firaxis, it won't. There is a wonderful thread about Great Leaders somewhere. The disadvantage to using him in combat is that he cannot produce another Great Leader, unless he upgrades. So, if the result would have been GL creation, it was lost on that unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X