How do I play downloaded maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I play downloaded maps?

I have downloaded a couple of maps from various websites but i dont know how to play with them! Where do i put them? Ive downloaded them into a file on my desktop and dont know where to put them from there. Sorry to sound like a complete newbie.

Have no fear, Rasbey is here!

Have a look at the picture atteched to this message. The scenario BIC files are supposed to be placed under the X:\...\Civ III\Scenarios folder as seen in the screenshot.
    Attached Files
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Oh, yes, you may want to know that you simply start a scenario by selecting the scenario option in the Civ III main menu and then select the scenario you want to play.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Thanks for the help Rasbelin. I got it sorted now and have started a game on marla's world map. Its huge!

Comment

Happy civing!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
            Have no fear, Rasbey is here!

Have a look at the picture atteched to this message. The scenario BIC files are supposed to be placed under the X:\...\Civ III\Scenarios folder as seen in the screenshot.
            You are actually using all the 'fluff' that comes with WINXP. I tried it,but I just can't handle it. TO MUCH to do 'bout nothing.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeap, you're right. All visual effects, except cursor shadow are in use. I do understand that everyone doesn't like the XP look, but you can easily change to the Windows Classic theme.

Comment

That's more or less what I did
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

once you have downloaded any Scenario ,copy it to c:\..\civ 3\Scenarios\ folder.
                  run civ 3 then load the map through load scenarios menu...

Comment

Working...
                  X