Scenario converting - civ2 to civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario converting - civ2 to civ3

Well, the patch is out, but will take some time until we have a bunch of good scenarios made.
    As I do not know in what tile lies Berlim or if Grozni had an airport in the 40's I've come with the idea of loading civ2 scenario disk an placing cities, improvments and units exactly like the original, and then make some tweaks in order to adapt the scenario. Seems easy to do.
    Unfortunately, I use Windows ME, so no civ2 - I think it does not run because it's a dos program.

Nevertheless, I'm posting my idea, if anyone who can play civ2 like maybe he could get the job done...

Civ 2 was a Windows 95/98 game. Or at least the MGE version was.
    No comment.

Comment

Civ2 works fine on my ME comp.

Comment

I've started doing that with the Civ2 WWII scenario, trying to translate the map tile for tile. I have western Europe finished, but the east was just too tedious.

Here's what I have done if you want to work on it as well:
        Attached Files
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

I see some people have actually dl'd my copy of the civ2 map. If anybody out there actually wants to tackle the rest of Europe, please send the finished thing back here. It should make a great mod for the Second World War, the first scenario from Civ2 was great, this should be even better, even if all that is done is to copy (as best as possible) the units and cities over.
          I'd finish it off, but like I said, doing the east was just too painful. And anyway, I'm working on a 1984 scenario (as in the Orwell booK) hopefully with a bunch of new governments (well, three) and some new city improvements and small wonders.
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Working...
          X