New Patch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch Problems

I see on the start up screen that there is a check for 'preserve random seed'. I take it that if I uncheck this I will get accurate starter locations? Well, it does not work because I unchecked it and Berlin was founded in South America. Am I doing something wrong?
    I have said this once and I will say it again. I can not imagine how hard it is to make a game as complex as CIv3-or even civ1 for that matter. But I would prefer if the improvements promised by the team at firaxis are not going to be fulfilled, then do not promise it. I love the work when it works (see Civ-2) but having this game is more of a tease of a great game than a great game-as of now. I pray for fixes.

Scott

I think "preserve random seed" is for keeping the random factor in combat. I think there's an option in Preferences for culturally linked start positions. And with scenarios, you can set which civs start where, handy for world maps. Although Europe might get a bit crowded
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Oh. Well I will give it a shot. Thanks for the explanation. Without the Apolyton community I would be totally screwed.

Comment

Hey, since you might just know a thing or two, let me ask you another question. Can a unit only have 1 ability? I would like to give the stealth bombers the ability to destroy units on the ground, but when I scroll down the list of attributes, I choose lethal air bombardment but I lose Stealth. ANy suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comment

You need to hold down Ctrl whilst clicking on an ability so that it's added to, and doesn't replace, the original ability.
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Thank you very much. Is there another way to find answers to these editor questions or should I just keep asking more advanced Civ folks? THanks again

Comment

The Rogue CivIII FAQ, in my sig, will answer a number of your questions, as will the Apolyton CivIII FAQ
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Trial and error goes a long way as well. It's not like your computer's going to blow up if you do something wrong or anything. Just be sure not to change to many things at once in case you crash the game. It's a hassle trying to troubleshoot if you've done a lot of different things.

PS I should have taken my own advice. My game is crashing everytime I try to establish an Embassy with the English, just before I get to view the city. And I've added so many things lately I don't have a clue what's causing it!
                Last edited by Willem; July 21, 2002, 18:18.

Comment

I have a problem -- with the latest patch that I have downloaded and installed, there does not seem to be a zoom in or zoom out feature when viewing, in the process of map creation.

Since there is no menu option for zoom view levels, is there a shortcut key now that zooms??
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Z used to zoom in/out by one factor: you could try that.
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

But what happened to the "confirmation" that the zoom feature was to be included in the new patch??

Comment

There is no Z shortcut key that works.

I guess the "confirmation" of a zoom feature in this new patch, was false/mistakened.

Comment

Working...
                        X