Problems with scenario-creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with scenario-creation

When I make a new scenario, is there a possibility not to change the original files (like pediaicons.txt) but to put them into an folder like "Civ III\scenarios\scen\text\" so that they overwrite the original pediaicons.txt when you start a scenario from this folder. I tried to do it, but it didn't work.
    Who wants to play scenarios if he has to backup some files first and then after playing reinstall the old ones?

This would be very useful, can we do it?
    Some other things:
    Unit_32.pcx (in the unit folder)
    Diplomacy.txt
    The Civilopedia
    Last edited by Level; July 19, 2002, 13:14.
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Does anyone know? Is it possible?

Comment

The rumour mill has it that this will be possible with PtW. Not sure if there's any confirmation from Firaxis though. IIRC, that came out in the last chat.

Comment

Isn't there a new fan-made utility that does this?
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I wrote one that can handle additions to pediaicons.txt and civilopedia.txt, its here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=56377

It doesnt handle anything else though like units32.pcx or adding new art\units\unit name folders. I can't think of a good way to even do that really or Id try to do it The easiest/best way to do this pre-ptw might just be to collaborate with each other on a generic apolyton units art pack that all scenarios can pull from.

Comment

Working...
            X