New Patch XP problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch XP problem

I'm running a 500Mhz Athlon with Nvidia drivers and Windows XP. Uploaded all the new drivers and such. Saved all my saved files. Delted the Civ II game and directory. Wiped the disk space. Re-Installed the game, and applied the 1.29 patch.
    Now that game won't even run
    I click on the Civ Icon and nothing happens. The Ctrl-Alt-Del function shows it working as a process, but it never loads.
    Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?
    "Failure is not an Option! It's bundled with the Software." Seen in a Microprose Cubicle

Have you tried rebooting? That's usually my answer to all problems. That or get windows 2k
    They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

Re: New Patch XP problem

Originally posted by Thresh1642
      I'm running a 500Mhz Athlon with Nvidia drivers and Windows XP. Uploaded all the new drivers and such. Saved all my saved files. Delted the Civ II game and directory. Wiped the disk space. Re-Installed the game, and applied the 1.29 patch.
      Now that game won't even run
      I click on the Civ Icon and nothing happens. The Ctrl-Alt-Del function shows it working as a process, but it never loads.
      Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?
      I just noticed that my civilization.ini file was missing after the 1.29 patch so my changed monitor resolution was gone. I just copied an old copy back into my civIII directory, and I'm back up and running. My symptoms were that the disk would spin up and then down, but nothing happened (didn't think to look for running processes).

Don't know if that's your problem, but if you used an ini file to set your monitor resolution then see if the file is still there.

Comment

Working...
      X