Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.29 is here... What do you plan to do with then new abilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.29 is here... What do you plan to do with then new abilities.

With all the new features for the editor will it be possible to make a lot bigger and better creations then we've seen of yet. So how long until we will see the first and what will you do with the editor first?

Where are the limits now? How long until you reach them?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Currently I'm working on a Civil War scenario, so hopefully I can get that done before too long with the new editor.

If the diplomacy is excluded, then I'll be counting on you to help out with the CMT Gramps. We're depending on you!

Comment

Underwater cities and waterbased improvements
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

We won't have underwater cities. All that the new feature will do is allow you to specify which terrain can be settled - including water tiles. However, since there's no way of having sea-specific graphics, it'll just be a case of a floating land city.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

As I'm more interested in mod-making than in scenario-making, I can still see the limits of the current editor. E.g. one can't change the food box size for the different city levels or change Manhattan Project to a small wonder. And changing or even adding civ-specific abilities is totally out of reach. (I always wanted to create an 'agricultural' CSA with slightly better food supply.)

Still, when I'm looking at the features that are in v1.29 of the scenario editor, I have hope for a better rule editor in PTW. Also, at least adding new techs seems to be possible now.
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
            If the diplomacy is excluded, then I'll be counting on you to help out with the CMT Gramps. We're depending on you!
            You know that diplomacy is a really hard part of saves. I've been trying to figure it out for a while, but I've hadn't had the time to lock me up with just something to eat and drink for X hours to figure it out.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              You know that diplomacy is a really hard part of saves. I've been trying to figure it out for a while, but I've hadn't had the time to lock me up with just something to eat and drink for X hours to figure it out.
              Since you hadn't done much with it, I figured that.
              However, the entire modding world of Civ 3 would be eternally grateful to you if you were able to do something about it. Hopefully though we won't have to worry about it, and Firaxis will have already allowed us the ability to do it ourselves.

Comment

I was thinking of doing a series of scenarios based on the classic Milton Bradley Game Master series: Axis & Allies, Fortress America, Conquest of Empire and Shogun/Samurai Swords. I also have some ideas for a couple of post-apocalyptic scenarios.
                No comment.

Comment

Re: 1.29 is getting closer... What do you plan to do with then new abilities.

Originally posted by Gramphos
                  With all the new features for the editor will it be possible to make a lot bigger and better creations then we've seen of yet. So how long until we will see the first and what will you do with the editor first?

Where are the limits now? How long until you reach them?
                  The first thing I want to do is select Desert and Tundra as being unsuitable terrains for city building. It will be much better than starving the AI out, like I'm doing now.

And play with the new resources potentials. A 900 appearance ratio sounds about right for my Limestone strategic resource. It sounds like, with a bit of research, you can pretty much mirror what we need as a society, and how much our planet provides of it.

Oh yes, turn off the Domestic Nag, though that's not an editor thing.

Comment

Dunno... currently I'm waiting for the people to present some WW2 scenarios so that I would go and try them.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

plans

I want to see if I can help get the Warhammer mod off the ground and working. I love both games and just find the concept of combining to two one that I cannot put down.
                      Lude Fortier, Lude Juste, Nemini Damnum!

Comment

Working...
                      X