Disappearing foreign minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing foreign minister

How do I open the foreign ministry to set up a new embassy? I've just installed CivIII version 1.16 for MacOSX, and if I have discovered any AI civs when I discover writing, I can establish embassies with them, but any discovered later, I can't.

Thanks,
    RMeigs

It's Ctrl-E on Windows systems, this will allow you to set up a new embassy. I suspect it's the same for Mac.

Comment

There should be a star icon next to your capital - double click on it
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I found it. It's very small, and the first several times the view jumped but nothing else happened.

Thanks again.
        RMeigs

Comment

Advisor screens

I've noticed that the advisor screens are difficult to use, and sometimes freeze the program, so that I have to force it to quit. In particular, I have not been able to adjust the budget, and when I look at the "Big Picture" to check the next advance, I am not able to change anything, and the program's choice is researched next. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm running Civ3 under MacOS 10.1.
          RMeigs

Comment

I'm afraid as a Mac user, you're pretty much on your own around here. I haven't seen very many threads, or posts, regarding problems with that platform.

Maybe that's a good thing! No news is good news, and that sort of thing. Or maybe there just isn't very many Mac users playing Civ 3. Who knows?

Comment

I play Civ3 on Mac OS X 10.1.4 and i have noticed none of these problems. Try going into software update and seeing if there are any OS upgrades up to 10.1.5, and if so install them.

Comment

I'm running 10.1.3. I'll see how far I can upgrade. I installed the latest patch to Civ3, though, and that cured the worst problems. I still have a question concerning the Foreign Ministry screen: when there are more than 8 players how can I see the others in relation to eachother? Last night I played a game on a huge world with at least 12, maybe 16 civs. There were 2 continents, and only the civs on my continent were represented. Is this a built-in limitation, or should that many not have been playing?

Thanks,
                RMeigs

Comment

With Windows, Shift-right clicking will allow the player to insert one of the other civs into the spot. So I guess with Mac it would be Shift-Command click, or whatever that key is called. It's been awhile since I've used a Mac.

Comment

Thanks, Willem. I'll try that next time.
                    RMeigs

Comment

Working...
                    X