MAP: United States East Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: United States East Coast

You can now find the 'real' thread for this map over at CivFanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...431#post374431
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon Shafer; July 16, 2002, 23:09.

As I said in the first post, go to CivFanatics for the map.
    Last edited by Jon Shafer; July 16, 2002, 23:10.

Comment

For such scenarios you should be able to sail around florida, and maybe also into the St. Lawrence. It looks big...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
        For such scenarios you should be able to sail around florida, and maybe also into the St. Lawrence. It looks big...
        You can just barely get around Florida. There's 1 or 2 tiles in between I think. And I haven't yet done the St. Lawrence, so don't worry. And yes, it's a 'huge' sized map, to allow for as much detail for scenarios as possible.

Comment

florida is waaaaaay too small
          [size=1]"As night fell she emerged with a box under her arm that held her pledge of allegiance and her uniform. She laid it at the gates of the General's embassy and her whisper echoed into dawn as she disappeared: The truth will set my people free."
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Visit my personal civ3 page here.

Comment

Originally posted by exsanguination
            florida is waaaaaay too small
            You know what. You're right.

I tried to fix that a bit, but I'm not sure what I can do at this point. Florida wasn't important in any wars anyways.

Anyways, I'm going to update the file and the image now. I'm nearly finished so if anyone has any ideas for improvement (thanks exsanguination), please let me know! I'm trying to make this "THE" map to use for scenarios, so I want it to be perfect.

Comment

Well, Its too late to add Cuba, or at least the Bahamas. They would be great for having sugar resource and recreating the "triangle trade" era. Perhaps you could still add Bermuda? Maybe you already have it, but I can't see it.

Kman

EDIT: Though Florida does look a little small, the map looks great!
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Florida used to be a lot smaller. I spent about 20 minutes fixing it.

Part of the Bahamas can be included (you can see an outcropping of coast near Florida), and Bermuda as well. However, I don't think these locations will have any major significance compared to the rest of the places on the map.

Again, like at CFS, I encourage people to help me out on the terrain/resource issue. I'm not as well-knowing as I'd like to be in that area, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Comment

I see France, I See England, I see Conneticut

I can still see Conneticut . A bit small. (What do expect of a state that ranks 48 in the US with area only 5,544 mi2 (14,358 km2 ) Great Job anyway Hmm. Maybe I can do a Conneticut Map .
                  "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Sorry.
                    Not everything is the best for scaling, especially without a mini-map. I hope you like the map anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                      Florida wasn't important in any wars anyways.
                      Seminole Wars
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        Florida wasn't important in any wars anyways.
                        That explains why WWII bombs, depth charges and German torpedoes keep washing up on our beaches and reefs. Not to mention doubloons and cannons.

Of course there was that little spat we had with Spain 1818-19 where Florida was ceded to the US as one of the terms of the peace treaty.

And our role in the current "War on Terrorisim" is fairly well known, nothing to be pleased about, but part of history nonetheless.

Cut the bottom of the state off if you must, it's only swamp and the Conch Republic, but don't slight our history please.

Like the old slogan said "Florida - The rules are different here!"

The map looks good, someone should do a Native American mod.

Comment

A smaller image.
                          Attached Files
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by miccofl

That explains why WWII bombs, depth charges and German torpedoes keep washing up on our beaches and reefs. Not to mention doubloons and cannons.

Of course there was that little spat we had with Spain 1818-19 where Florida was ceded to the US as one of the terms of the peace treaty.

And our role in the current "War on Terrorisim" is fairly well known, nothing to be pleased about, but part of history nonetheless.

Cut the bottom of the state off if you must, it's only swamp and the Conch Republic, but don't slight our history please.

Like the old slogan said "Florida - The rules are different here!"

The map looks good, someone should do a Native American mod.
                            I agree. Florida is great! Though it is often refered to in my home state as 'the wang of America' (cause thats what it looks like), My father calls this state his home, and therefore I call it my vacation spot one month out of every summer. And there are few places I would rather be, beautiful sun, beaches and babes.

Kman

Trip, I'm glad you gave America its dignitiy back, cause if Florida was its wang, then your map before you fixed it was just insulting
                            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X